Chapter 2 ~ Siblings Reunite

Krul's POV

I'm waiting outside of the plane that just came from Russia, knowing full well that whoever they sent is simply here to keep an eye on me. The aircraft doors open, and a silver haired vampire walks out. Upon seeing her I am immediately reminded of a certain egotistical noble and on closer inspection I can see some resemblance between the two.

"Hello! I'm Fae Bathory and have been transferred to Japan to help with your... human troubles." The girl says with a sweet smile.

"... Huh?!"

I just stand there in total shock. I know I should say something, but what? When she said Bathory my body completely froze.

Taking a deep breath to calm myself I can't help but think, 'So, she's related to that person, damn this could be more trouble than it is worth.' But I shake it off and try not to let it get to me.

"I see..." My voice being forced to sound as monotone as possible. "Well, I think you'll find we have the situation under control but feel free to stay as long as you need to."

"Really, because it seems you've been quite... flippant about the situation. But it's not my place to comment, after all I'm just a seventh."

I scowl and scoff at her jabbing remark, but I know I can't do anything to force her back without arousing suspicion I do not want.

With all the drama and basic introductions out of the way I leave her in Lacus Welt and Rene Simm's hand so I can get back to my work.

*~*~*

Fae's POV

After the queen had left, I turn to my three subordinates and tell them to take my stuff to my living quarters before walking up to the two vampires with the queen at the time.

"Hi, would you mind showing me around the city since it is my first time here after all." I ask them.

The "Fine, it's our job anyway. I'm Lacus Welt by the way."

I turn to the other vampire hoping to catch his name also, "Rene Simm."

With introductions out of the way they lead me through the streets quickly showing me where the humans live. Most are hiding from us and didn't come out of their homes but for the few humans I can see were clearly scared and were clumping together in small groups shaking out of fear. Then we were onto the where the majority of vampires stayed.

The houses were much nicer than what I had witnessed before, none were crumbling or falling apart and look newly built (probably because they were only built eight years ago). Each had the same brick design with stairs leading to a maroon wooden door and a roofing made from a similar coloured tile. While I wouldn't describe the place as lively it certainly is a step up from the human settlements.

Next they bring to the palace and show me all the important places like meeting rooms, throne room and where I can collect my 'food'. The palace has a tasteful design and exactly what I would expect for a vampire city, but the Saint Basil Cathedral was unquestionably far more beautiful and praiseworthy than Sanguinem's headquarters.

When that was over, I found my dear brothers' mansion and am now waiting for him in his office.

An elegantly designed room with red curtains and beautifully carved mahogany furniture. Not that I would expect anything less for the second highest ranked vampire in Japan. The carpet under my boots also looked expensive and no doubt would be difficult to obtain nowadays. Same could be said for all the paintings and gold ornaments that filled the room and the rest of the mansion.

The sun would soon be rising so he was sure to arrive soon enough. By the time I sat myself on top of the desk the door handle started to twist, and my best and my most angelic smile touched my lips.

*~*~*

Ferid's POV

Skipping down the halls I find myself humming a happy (yet somehow creepy) tune and all because of Krul's irritable mood. Then again, I am always happy to see the queen being given a hard time, especially when it's by me. But apparently, it was due to the noble that had arrived from Russia. Not that it was any of my concern. As long as they didn't get in my way, I don't care what they do.

I'm just outside my office doors and turn the well-polished handle. Swinging them wide open I see someone on my desk with a familiar face and smile that's well etched into my memories.

They open their mouth and sweetly sing, "Been awhile hasn't it? Big Brother~."

"