::Events: Summer Festivals::

Summer Festivals

Villagers who celebrate their birthdays in this season are: Ina (05), Grady (07), Dirk (12), Kana (13), Jessica (17), Raul / Diego / Enrique (21), and Laney (23).

Bug Catching Festival

Konohana Town
Summer 3 - 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm

Meet Ina at the entrance to the Konohana Town Hall between the festival time to start the contest

Meet Ina at the entrance to the Konohana Town Hall between the festival time to start the contest. The festival participants are Ina, Gombe, Kana, Mako, Nori, Rahi, Reina, and Sheng. You will earn +500 with each participant just by being in the festival.

You will be given 1 hour to catch as many bugs as you can. The type and quality of the bug won't matter; just get them as fast as you can! You will start in the Konohana mid-mountain area and can travel up and down the Konohana-side of the mountain. Since this festival is in summer, you'll find cicadas on tree trunks and grasshoppers along the path.

First Place: Catch 8 or more bugs, win Pickled Radish and +1000 FP with each of the participants

Second Place: Catch 7 bugs, earn +500 FP with each of the participants

Third Place: Catch 6 bugs, earn +500 FP with each of the participantsNo Place: Catch 5 or fewer bugs, earn +500 FP with each of the participants

Bare-Handed Fishing Contest

Bluebell Town
Summer 6 - 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm

Go to the Bluebell Town Hall between the festival times to enter the contest

Go to the Bluebell Town Hall between the festival times to enter the contest. You don't need to use your fishing pole; instead you'll go to Bluebell Low-Mountain and catch as many small fish as you possibly can by using your hands. You'll get +500 FP for participating in the festival with each of the following attendees: Ash, Cam, Cheryl, Georgia, Grady, Howard, Jessica, Laney, and Rutger.

In this contest you need to catch as many little fish as you can within 1 hour. All you have to do is walk around the stream and press A to pick up the fish. You don't have to press B to pocket them (you'll do this automatically) and the fish will repopulate without having to leave the area. Once the hour is up, you'll meet back up at the Mountain Summit to see who won.