𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐲!

February 8, 1924

3rd Person's POV:

It was a busy day. Again. 22-year-old Y/N woke up and brushed her hair.

She suddenly remembered when she was 16 she began singing in stage in a pub and with that she was well known due to having fans but she stopped singing at the age of 20 and started her own business, which is a flower shop.

Y/N looked at her window seeing the streets of New Orleans, People walking going to work or doing errands. She went downstairs to her kitchen and made breakfast and turned on the radio.

Y/N's POV:

As I was cooking breakfast I heard the radio host Alastor talked about how wonderful the day is and some murder cases and I just ate, drink tea and fed my pet cat Zily and put water for her.
"

Meoow~"she purred, rubbing her head in my left leg as if she doesn't want me to go outside. "Zily, you know I need to go to work so you can eat twice a day you know?" I smiled and reaching her level to pat her head and I took my purse at went outside and lock the door, and walked in the streets of New Orleans.

As I was walking to work I saw two kids laying in the ground and holding their stomach, bruises in their faces and clothes that almost looked like rags. 'Poor dear' I saw a bakery that was run by a sweet old lady and immediately went inside.

As I went inside I was suddenly greeted by a welcoming scent of coffee and cakes (a/n: I prefer tea tho 😁) and the bakery was decorated with plants and books almost making it feel like it was calling you to stay there for a long period of time and the light from outside made in look so warm and cozy here.
"Oh Y/N! Deary, I'm so glad your here!" The sweet old lady from the counter said smiling at as if she found a ling lost daughter of hers. "You're here just in time! I just finished baking mocha cake slices, dear have some! Fresh from the oven!" She said going back to the glass shelves full of newly baked goods 'This lady is too sweet,I think I might have cavities right now' She grabbed one and wrapped it in plastic and I actually have to pay her then, so I took my wallet and handed her the money "Oh dear, you don't need to pay me right now. I insist!" She smiled and giving me the cake slice. "Granny! Take it please this is your business you shouldn't be giving me things for free" I tried in giving her the money but still she refused "Dear, this is just a small token of gratitude from me, you always help others and you don't let others feel down especially me, so please take it dear!" She said with a warm smile.

"Alright then! But also can you add some black tea and two slices of vanilla cake slices?" I paused "But this time I'm gonna pay!" Smiling brightly and giggled. "Ok fine dear, just wait for a minute to make your tea and get the cake slices!" Said going in the back room of the bakery.

I looked back and saw one of the couches near the window there was a man sitting, reading the newspaper, the news paper was covering his face but he was wearing a red coat and has a black bow tie.

I didn't really think of it and waited for the old lady and then she came with my tea and 2 slices of vanilla cake. "That will be 3 dollars dear!" Sha said and I gave her the money and then I took the cup and cake slices and bid her good bye. I walked back to where I saw those two kids and handed them the cake slices "Here eat this" I mumbled to them and saw how their eyes lit up, soon the youngest kid took it and ate it immediately. "Thank you ma'am" they said and I left them there. 'Welp better go to work now'

??? POV

"Miss if I may ask who is that lovely lady you were talking to?" I stood up from my seat and went to the old lady. "Oh! That's one of my valued customers her name is Y/N! Such a kind and smart girl if I may add, why do you ask boy?" She said fixing her glasses "Oh nothing. Anyway here's for the coffee that ma'am" I handed her the money and left.

'She just captured my attention that's all'