Chapter 27

Athena P.O.V

it's been a week since that accident and everything is going really well. I got the freedom to go anywhere I want since Leonardo thinks that William was the greatest threat and with him being dead, no one dares to even look my way. Mrs. And Mr. king I mean Stella and Noah are also doing pretty well, they were so happy for me and Leonardo getting engaged. Well everyone close to us, are happy for me and Leonardo getting engaged.

And one more great news is today I am super happy because I got an E-Mail from my brother University and I got accepted!!

I am not sure how will Leonardo react to this, but I must tell him.

" Leo?" i asked as I got into his office. He had the second mansion which is much cooler than the first one and I am not even surprised.

" yes, love ?" He said looking up from the paper in his hands

" I have something to show you "

" what is it?" He asked curiously, I handed him my phone, he confusedly took it and started reading it.

" what?" He asked, it is not like he didn't get what was written there, but he asked in disbelief.

" I got accepted in the university, one month from now, I will go there," I told him waiting for his reaction, but I didn't get any. he just sat there silently

" Leo??" I asked feeling uncomfortable in this cold silent, But he still didn't reply

" say something" he looked up so his eyes will meet mine

" what do you want to hear from me?" He asked and I was completely taken back

" you want me to say 'that is great congratulations?' or 'I am so happy for you?'. Well, that will be all lies. The truth is, I hate the fact you are going away for such a long time, I hate the fact that you must go to a university that is so far away. But again my heart feels weak, I love you too much to break your heart, what do you want me to say then?" This is literally the first time I am hearing him talk with so many emotions. And the sadness from his voice brings sadness to me too.

This time I was silent

I hate going away too, but this is my dream if I only become a doctor in that university which my parents graduated in, I would feel like I am the happiest person alive. But in the meantime, I love Leonardo too much.

He then stood up and left the room just like that. I didn't try to stop him from leaving though, I knew he needed space and I respect that.

I sat down on the couch watching the fireplace, I don't know why it makes me feel so calm when I am watching it, Maybe it is the fact Leonardo's office is always dark and the only thing gives some light is the fireplace. Anyways, I sat there watching the fireplace while bringing my knees to my chest and I started to think

Am I being selfish? But I want to be independent, I want to have a name for myself and make Leonardo proud being by my side.

I want to help people as much as I can and this will all happen if I go there. I know that is not the only university in the world and in my country there are a lot of good universities, some of them are ranked as best universities in the world, but that is what mom and dad have done and they would be so proud if I go there too.