We Own The Night (Varian x Reader)

A/n: I'm am so happy to be receiving your request Alyssajj11! You're a gem! I kind of changed the story a little bit from the request, but I hope it's still enjoyable!

Request: "my request kinda based of the movie zombies 2... I was hoping for a song fic if that ok I was wondering if I can request varian x werewolf reader where the reader is secretly a werewolf and the reader has a pack of her own and she the great alpha leader and has a moonstone necklace from her ancestors and note varian and the reader known each other since childhood and the reader were close with him until she had to ran away due to being a werewolf and didn't want varian to know or hurt him and now she comes back to corona to find a moonstone to recharge her necklace so she can have her werewolf abilities and to heal her sickness from losing her power and her pack..."

Requester: Alyssajj11

Author: kara-raine

~~~~

In an average day, you would normally be found hanging around Varian's Workshop, but this was no normal day. You knew that if you say Varian you would probably spend hours and hours together and you couldn't do that, not today. You knew that if you weren't quietly keeping track of the hours and minutes that went by night would fall and it would be dangerous to be near anyone you cared about. Especially Varian because you didn't want him to potentially find out that you were a werewolf. 

Part human, part wolf, you weren't necessarily proud of your heritage, but it made you special and unique. You sighed, you fidgeted with your moonstone necklace. The protection it gave you and the power to continue being a werewolf was fading. As it's power faded, you would continue to get sicker and sicker. The only thing that could cure you before death would be finding a moonstone to help you recharge the powers of the necklace.

Your search had continued for years, your father's power had worn out when he tried to protect you and your mother from angry Coronian settlers. This is why you kept your secret within your own house. If any of your friends knew that you were a werewolf they would just be afraid of you and you didn't want to lose any of their trust. Today, was the night of the full moon so you knew that it was best to stay away, you had special traditions with your mom and you couldn't neglect them.

"Y/n!" Your mother called you into the kitchen. She pushed the chair out across the table for you to sit down. This meant that it was important. You sat down, preparing yourself for anything.

"I thought that it would be about time to tell you a legend. I'm dying, (Y/n), but more than anything I want you to be safe. There's a story that my parents told me, about a great alpha that could guide us to the moonstone. The great alpha in our stories had a blue streak."

Blue streak? You asked, but not aloud. You kept a pokerface, but you were very shocked. You wondered if Varian could help you save your mother. It was worth it to reveal that you were a werewolf.

Your mother continued. "If you can find the great alpha you can find the moonstone. But I'm not sure if any of it is true." You had to risk it, true or not. You knew that you had to do something to protect your mother. You threw your shoes on and ran out the door straight to Varian's House in Old Corona.

"Varian, I need your help." You asked.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can we talk maybe in private somewhere?" You said, a little out of breath from running all the way there. You were lead into Varian's Workshop. "Okay, what I'm about to say may be a little bit crazy, but promise me you won't freak out."

Varian you at you a little strangely. "I'm a werewolf, and my mother is dying because her moonstone necklace is draining and our necklaces are what keep us alive." You said holding out your necklace. "My mom shared me this story about a great alpha and they have a blue streak in their hair. You can help me find the moonstone."

"Um, this was from a chemical accident not some legend. I'm not a werewolf!" Varian said. He didn't freak out which was a good sign. It would still take a little bit of convincing.

(song ahead)

"Turn up, explain our history, Pull back the veil of mystery. What's written on the cave is prophesy. The Great Alpha is our destiny. Show us the power of chemistry, Lead us to the source of our energy. No one knows their identity, But they look like you, identically." You explained. You guided him out of the workshop.

"Please help me, Varian. I need to help my mother."

"Alright, so what do you know about the moonstone."

"It's blue and it's super powerful." You told him. 

"Like Cassandra's moonstone." You looked at him confused. You hadn't been around town when Cassandra had destroyed most of the kingdom. You had heard that she was off adventuring now.

"Where is that?" You asked.

"Um, destroyed."

"What? The moonstone was destroyed?"

"Yes, but I have a feeling that it's powers can be found at the kingdom of night." Varian said. "It's where Eugene's dad lives. We can take a hot air balloon and be there in a day."

"I don't want to leave my mom alone though. I give her a quick note and we'll be on our way." You wrote her a note that you placed outside your door and left with Varian in a hot air balloon. 

"She'll be fine, and so will you."

"Thanks for helping."

"Anything for you." He smiled at you and you smiled back. You looked at the world you had yet to travel to and were ready to go into the biggest journey of your life. As long as you had Varian by your side, everything would turn out alright.