eight

As the homework was distributed amongst the class, Ben leaned over to her desk.

"You look shitty tired."

She gave a short laugh. "From all the other comments today, I'd say that's the nicest one."

"Seriously, you okay?"

She smiled. "I'm good."

"You can tell me anything you want to, you know that right?"

A yawn surfaced and she cupped her mouth to cover it. "Sure Ben."

She tucked in the assignments into her backpack then left the classroom. As she walked down the corridor and was halfway to her locker, she noticed her standing a few feet away with a smirk.

"Hey bitch."

"Not now, please." She sighed, trying to walk past her but gets blocked by an outstretched arm.

"You look shitty like always but today you look like a dog had to take one last shit on you."

"Not today, Mellany. Please just not today."

"I heard rumors about you asking around about a mysterious unknown number. Are you stalking someone now, huh? Is it like your middle-aged boyfriend who needs glasses to realize how fucking ugly you are?"

"Please just not today." She whispered and tried to get past Mellany again.

"Hey bitch, I'm not done talking to you—"

A fist is thrown, a slap meets a face, a leg flies as a kick and a whole mess transpires. All the while, North just stands there taking every hit as she thinks

Well apparently today it's going to be.