Chapter 8

Sorry for not updating daily po but I'll try my best to finish this story po. Enjoy reading po!

Votes and comments are highly appreciated po. ☁️

___________

Dumbfounded
■■■■

Leizara and Zac had been staring at each other for a second now since Mrs. Vancouver left the office. Leizara was unable to form any words to say because she can’t seem to focus in her current state right now in front of Zac, who is staring intently at her.

"Are you that happy talking with him that you didn’t notice I’m watching you?" Zac asked like Leizara committed a sin to him. Hindi naman agad nakasagot si Leizara sa kanya.

Lumipas ang mga segundo. nagsimulang humakbang si Zac palapit kay Leizara. Napaatras naman si Leizara sa ginawa ni Zac hanggang sa wala na siyang maatrasan pa. Damn this wall. I’m trapped!  Leizara thought to herself.

Zac stopped, then put his right arm to the side of Leizara, trapping her. He then slowly takes Leizara’s hand and touches it, caressing Leizara’s little fingers. "Did that man touch this soft, precious hand of yours?" 

"N-no…  "Our skin didn’t even touch a bit."

"Good. This hand belongs to its rightful owner," Zac said, looking straight into Leizara’s eyes, and then he added: "And that owner belongs to me."

Leizara’s breathing hitched upon hearing what Zac just said. "I’m not yours, Zac," she said, avoiding his eyes.

"Yes, you are. Since the day I laid eyes on you."

Hinarap naman ni Leizara si Zac, at pinakita rito ang kalituhan niya sa mga sinabi ni Zac. Zac smirked at her and slowly brought his face closer to Leizara’s face near her ear. Ramdam na ramdam naman ni Leizara ang init ng hininga ni Zac dahil sa distansya nilang dalawa. "You should not have been careless that day by passing your resume on a flash drive. Look what you made me do," he whispered.

Leizara gasped, looking at Zac with wide eyes. She couldn’t hide her shock upon realizing what she had done that day. 

Zac found her amusing and just wanted to bring Leizara home with him.

"Did you look into my—"

"Yes, and it was an accident, but then it’s your fault," Zac said, teasingly hiding his smile through smirking.

Leizara dropped her mouth open but then closed it. She then looked at Zac, who was flushed and blushing, but Zac found it cute.

"Pervert!"

Zac chuckled at what Leizara called him, but he just touched Leizara’s head and then said. "Finish your work; we’ll leave after ten minutes and," Zac stopped and got the files that Mickel gave to Leizara. "I’ll take these."

Pumasok naman si Zac sa opisina niya pagkatapos makuha ang mga files na pinasa ni Mickel.

Leizara was left frozen in her place and still can’t believe what just happened.

"I thought he was angry but ended up teasing me instead." She touched her face, then her chest, feeling her heartbeat. "Damn him for making my heart beat this fast," she murmured, blushing profusely.