Fate is a son of a bitch

"Excuse me Mr. Rivas."

Manuel immediately straightened up on the sofa, lifting his legs to allow Sahira, one of the servants of his father's family, to vacuum.

"You know you don't have to call me that."

The little Algerian brunette left a smile at the humble declaration of the new owner of the Villa Montonia before pausing, puckering her lips."But you are my employer."

"My father is your boss, not me." Reminded the brunet in the objection.

The little brunette with the hijab immediately gave Manuel a little smile at his obstinacy."You remain his son."

"Unfortunately." Suddenly Niccolo hailed over his shoulder as he gushed into the living room with a glass bowl of m & m's in his hand.

Manuel rolled his eyes on the back moving away from his half-brother before shaking his head as he clenched his jaw. He looked back at the plasma screen with an annoyed pout under Sahira's sympathetic eyes.

"You can't blame the young Mr. Montonia too much." She declared sympathetically."He's a nice boy."

"Yeah? Well, very deep then huh." Manuel grumbled in frustration before frowning as he looked towards the hallway in worry. He thought about Alba's bizarre behavior before giving Sahira a new look."Alba is home?"

"Mhm-Mhm." Hummed Sahira absently as she continued vacuuming the carpet before pausing at the sudden memory."Ah yes ... she seemed distracted. Elsewhere. I think she locked herself in her room."

"Is this normal behavior for her?" Manuel immediately asked, sincerely concerned for her well-being.

Sahira grimaced immediately before suddenly standing up at Martika's sudden entry."Sahira ... I hope you don't give him information without our knowledge. It would be really annoying to have to fire you. You have worked with us for so long."

"No, no, no, ma'am."The little Algerian girl immediately apologized in slight panic.

"Leave her alone. She did nothing." Manuel immediately warns, giving a scathing look at his mother-in-law.

Martika immediately left a scoff. "And who do you think you are to tell me how to manage my employees?"

"I am also part of this house. They're also my employees." Manuel immediately replied confidently under the dark eyes of Martika.

The woman quickly composed her insulted look in a watered-down smile before giving a haughty look at the brown."You really have no idea who you're dealing with, huh? Do I remind you that I tolerate you in this house. Not the opposite. You're just a patch from the painting. A damn mistake that my husband feels like correcting because your mother pushy—"

Martika and Sahira jumped suddenly as Manuel exploded, hitting the objects on the coffee table with the back of his hand in a fit before running straight for Martika."What? What the fuck did you say about my mother? Huh? Come on say it again! I dare you!"

Martika lifted her chin as she swallowed as he watched the trembling brown with rage before finally leaving a new confident smile as she realized she had just found his weak spot. The mere sight of her smile seemed to annoy the brown more.

Unfortunately the sudden ringing of the bell immediately separated the duo in their gaze competition. Manuel turned his head sharply towards the entrance while Martika snapped her fingers in the direction of Sahira."The door. Now."

"Right away, Mrs."

Manuel frowned in sympathy on the back moving away from the little servant before giving a furious new look on the brunette settling comfortably on the sofa. She put the bottle of champagne she had in her hand on the glass coffee table before pouring the golden liquid into her flute.