i do (cherish you)

"i do, cherish you, for the rest of my life you don't have to think twice"

serenity's pov:

serenity's pov:

last night was unbearable. my best friend had confessed his love to me and what i did was leave. sounds like i'm a horrible friend huh?

i was sound asleep after coming home to chris and our dog dodger. we ate taco bell and discussed what's been going on with me since he's been gone.

"you look so beautiful in the morning", a familiar voice spoke.

i opened my eyes to see that chris was admiring me in my sleep. "ok stalker", i groggily joked.

chris chuckled and stroked my hair lightly smiling at me. "you know i love you right? more than anything in the entire world", he reminded the love he has for me. i giggled, "yes baby of course i do. i feel the same for you."

"marry me serenity" right then and there i fell off my bed.

i landed on my stomach bumping my head. "jesus christ are you okay?!", chris got out the bed and swooped me in his arms.

"what did you just say to me?", i asked him softly. "i know this isn't the way you dreamt of being proposed but i can't wait any longer. " he put me back on my feet as he got down on one knee. "my wonderful babygirl, i've gotten the chance to bump into you at comic con four years ago and ever since then we started an endless journey full of craziness and meaning. serenity you've shown me another side of life which i didn't know existed. you are the light in my life. the way you love hard and care for the people around you. the way you accepted yourself and started being comfortable with the way god made you. you're so fearless and creative. driven about anything and how you won't let nothing stand in your way. i can't even say that i'm lucky, more like blessed. i love you more times then i can say it. serenity gabrielle johnson, will you marry me?"

chris brought out a small box and opened it. the box revealed a rose gold ring with a heart diamond standing out. i gasped at the blinding sight, hence the fact that i can't actually see that well. "yes i'll marry
you!!", i jumped up and down crying. chris got up and slipped the ring onto my ring finger. i hugged him tightly as i could trying to make sure that this was really happening. "i get to spend the rest of my life you", he smiled at me. "yes you do", i smiled back before kissing him. i wrapped my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my lower back. i hummed in pleasure loving the way his lips tasted. chris pulled away asking me, "how about I take you out to breakfast. like at denny's?" "you know how much I love that place", i laughed. we got dressed and headed to america's best diner.