Chapter 5

After dinner that evening Scorbius helped Harry write his letter to the Nimbuse company placeing his order, remembering to include Mr Greengrasses name. Scorbius escorted Harry, along with Draco and Pansy up to the owerly. The whole walk up all Harry could think about was the midnight duel Theo had roped him into. 'What if I wave my wand and nothing happens', 'what if I mess up and Weasley wins'.

Once back in the common room Harry, Draco, Pansy, Daphnia and Theo all bundled up and headed down for their regular tea with Hagrid. Harry noticed his friends beginning to relax around the big man once they got him talking. soon as head hit the pillow Harry was sound asleep, his sleep was short lived as he was awoken by Draco. "Come on Harry, it's 11:30" he said in a wispher so as not to awaken the dorms other occupants. As silently as possible Harry's slipped on his dressing gown and slippers, finding a good luck note from Pansy and Daphnia in his gowns pocket, he headed out to the common room, a smile tugging at the conour of his mouth. The common room was completely empty apart from Draco and Theo, the only noise coming from the crackaling of the renmints of the fire. "Ready" Theo asked, taking the lead up the stairs. Harry gave a slight nod following behind Draco.
The three first year Slytherins tip-toed quitely up the stairs and into the entrance hall. Taking the marble stairs to the third floor they passed bars of moonlight creaping through the high castle windows. Harry had the sinking feeling that they would find Flich and Miss Norriss around every conner. Finally reaching the trophy they slipped quickly and quietly inside. The room was light by the glistening trophy's, plates, cups and suits of armour, all illuminated by the moonlight. Weasley and Finngian weren't here yet. "Typical Griffindors" Draco wisphered, "wizards duels are about honour and they don't even bother to show up". They keep to the middle of the wall, so as to have a clear view of the two doors leading into the room. Harry turned to Theo, his tanned skin made him half invisible to the naked eye, "what do we do now?" he asked. Before Theo could answer a noise in the next room made them jump, it was talking. The talking grew louder as the voice moved closer to the door of the trophy room. Draco moansied slightly towards the other door. Taking the lead Harry hurried as quietly as he could to the door, opening it he and the others hurried out as Flichs head poked in the door opposite them. Hearing Flich shout for them to " stop right we're you are" Harry and the others took of a dead run. The tie string on Draco's dressing gown must have come loose as he tumbled through a tapestry, fortunately finding a secret passage. Slipping through Harry and Theo pulled Draco to his feet and the three of them sprinted to the end of the passage way. Finally at the end of that insanely long passage, Harry lay against a pillar clutching a stick in his side. "I think ...we lost him" Draco said through gasping breaths. "Yea" Theo sighed, "shame Weasley was to cowardly to show up though" Theo said disappointedly. "Hay Draco" Harry said, finally losing the stich in his side, "you think you could help me practicing some duelling spells" Harry asked nervously. Draco looked a bit shocked but soon found his composure, "I'd love to Harry" he said. Theo opened his mouth to say something but was cut of by a sudden squeal from beside them. They spun round to see Peeves floating a couple feet in the air. "Shut up, Peeves" Draco hissed, clearly Scorbius has told Draco of how much of a nousence the poltergeist was. Peeves face twisted into a monstrous smirk, "Tut Tut ickle firsties shouldn't be wandering around at midnight. "Naughty Naughty, you'll get caught". "Not if you don't tell Flich" Theo said, trying to reason with the crazed poltergeist. "Oh should I tell Flich" Peeves said, taking great joy in taunting the first year Slytherins, "I really should" he finally said in a saintly voice, "it's for your own good". "Enough of this" Draco snapped, taking a out his wand and pointing it a Peeves. This was a mistake as Peeves blasted into the air and began shouting,"STUDENTS OUT OF BED... STUDENTS OUT OF BED DOWN THE CHARMS CORRIDOR". Tucking his wand in his pocked Draco took the lead and bolt down the corridor, not really paying attention to where he was going. Coming to the end of the corridor Draco tried to open the door that now stood in his way, "come on come on" he furiously whispered, pulling the handle with all his might. Catching up Theo pulled his wand from his pocket and whispered "alohomra". The lock clicked and the three pulled into the room immediately pressing their ears up against the door. "Which way did they go, Peeves?" Said the raspy voice of Flich. "Quick tell me". "Say please" "Don't mess about with me, where did they go?" "Shan't say nothing if you don't say please" Peeves sang. "All right, please!" "NOTHING! Hahaha! Told you I wouldn't say nothing if you didn't say please" Peeves said in a sing-song voice. They heard the whoosing if Peeves flying away and Flichs cursing as he stomped away. Harry let out a sigh of relief, "he thinks this door is locked" he whispered, "we'll be ok- get of Teddy!" Teddy had begun pulling on the side of Harry's dressing gown, "t..t...turn round" Teddy blurted out. Harry turned to see what got Teddy attention, he came into eye contact with the eyes of an monstrous three headed dog. A dog so big that it filled the whole corridor, which the boys had thought was an empty classroom. It had three pairs of rolling mad eyes, three noses which twitched and quivered in their direction, three drooling mouths, saliva hanging in slippery ropes from yellowish fangs. Harry saw Draco groping for the doorknob, probably thinking that whatever Flich might through at them, it's nothing compared to what this beast might do. Falling out into the corridor the three first year Slytherins slammed the door about before bolting done the corridor.

They didn't stop running until they reached the safe heaven that was the serpents lair. "What the hell was that thing and why was it in the school" Harry half shouted, slumping back into one of the plush sofas. Being so late the common room was empty, the only sound coming for the glowing embers in the ornate fireplace. "It looked like a hell hound" Draco said, taking a seat beside Harry sofa. Teddy sat down beside Draco and rest his elbows on his knees, "didn't you see what it was standing on" he said, straighting his horn-rimed glass, which we now crooked from all the running. "We were a bit busy running for our lives" Draco said arygintly. Teddy's brow crinkled, "it was standing on a trap door" he said, "and that was the forbidden 3rd floor corridor Dumbladore warned us about".

That nights encounter had given Harry a lot to think about. 'That dog was guarding something.... Hagrid had said that Gringotts was the safe safest place in the world if you a wanted to his something- except perhaps hogwarts. It looked like Harry had found out where the grubby little package from vault 713 was.