Chapter 7

At seven o'clock on Tuesday Harry bid farewell to his friends and bundled up for the short walk down to the quidditch pitch. Harry day the that he wasn't the only person to be meeting Flint, the whole Slytherin team was here. "Hay their Potter" Flint called, waving Harry over. Neverously Harry walked over to met the the older boys, each boy seemed to be at least a fourth year or older and they all looked very intimidating. "Alright guys" Flint called, "this is Harry Potter" he said, gesturing towards Harry, "Professor Snape seems to think he is good enough to be on the team... so let's see what he's made of". Some of the the older boys smirked at Flints last statement while Harry could feel himself start to panic a little bit. "Alright everyone mount up" Flint called, straddling his own broom and taking to the sky's. Harry the other team mates followed suit, "Potter I trust you know how Quidditch works" Flint called. Remembering the lengthy conversations with Draco and Theo on the history, tactics and gameplay involved in Quidditch, Harry called back a affirmative "yea" to Flint. Flint divided out the players so that Harry was playing against the houses current seeker, Terrance Higgs. With a flick of his wand Flint opened to create and the Quaffle, buldgers and the golden snitch flew into together air. Harry raised his broom high above to goal posts and kept his eyes peeled for the small golden ball. Seeing nothing Harry decided to take a lap of the pitch. About a quarter of the way around Harry saw a glint of gold flash by one of the beaters, Bole he thought. Higgs must have spotted it as well because he to was flying in the same direction. Higgs cleansweap was no match for Harry's Nimbuses and Harry caught the fluttering ball, holding it high Flint called the team down to the ground. Still clutching the fluttering, Harry landed as Flint summed the rest of the balls back to the create. "Good job out their Potter, Professor Snape was right you do have talent" Flint said, eyeing Harry up."Now that you have proven yourself I think introductions are in order" Flint said clapping a large boy to his right on the back, "this here is Beater. Lucian Bole and that there is Beater Peregrine Derrick". The two boys greeted Harry with a combined, "hello". "This idiot is the chasers Adrian Pucey" Flint said jokingly pointing to a tall darked haired boy standing near Derrick. "And finally we have Miles Bletchley our wonderful keeper" Flint laughed, patting Bletchley on the back. "Training is on every Tuesday and Thursday night at 7 o'clock" Flint called, "fail to keep up the standard Potter and your out"he added in an undertone. Harry gulped but shock his head in aggrememt, "yes captain Flint".

Flint drilled them on some drills until about 9 o'clock before Flint called it quits. After a quick shower Harry followed his new teammates back up to the school to get some much needed rest.