seven

Giselle's blood was boiling, her feet were pouncing up and down as she watched her mother burn her cards in front of her. It was hard to watch, she picked herself up and left the area. The black smoke started to grow but the cards were not burning.

"Rocky, what the fuck are you doing?" Antonio walked outside and snatched the lighter from her. "This shit is getting outta hand,"

"Your daughter is getting outta hand, the fuck. Why would you allow her to bring these in our house. And they're not burning, just goes to show how fucking evil and demonic these things are," she argued, and Antonio shook his head.

"Yo'" he scoffed and almost backed away from her, this was not the woman he married. Rocky was never known to be this judgmental and hateful. And to his daughter, someone with a smaller voice in this situation, he knew he had never taken up for her in the past but this was extreme.

And he felt the need to hold up his bargain with Giselle, she deserved better than this.

"Giselle, go in the house baby," he looked back at her and Gino. The two of them nodded their heads and walked backwards, slowly before things started to hit the fan.

"What you think he finna tell her?" Gino kept looking, not even putting his attention anywhere else.

"I don't know," she said softly, she felt this big lump in her throat. And as much as she swallowed it didn't seem to go away.

"You not about to keep disrespecting her. She's not just my fucking daughter either, you birthed her and treat her like she's a kid from off the street. I'ma need you to get your shit together, I don't even know who you are. Sometimes I regret marrying you, and I love you. But you need to chill out, your daughter is as harmless as you are. But you're gonna turn her into your biggest fear, put her damn cards down. And you gone buy her some more just for the damn inconvenience,"

Racquel's heart dropped, she couldn't believe AJ had thoughts of leaving her over this. Was she overreacting? Maybe so but her reasoning behind all this had to do with something she practiced at her daughters age. She was seeing herself in Giselle and it frightened her.

"Wow," she said looking down at her hands, she had finally realized everything she was doing reminded her of her mother and aunt.

They shamed her, beat Rocky physically for her practices. Tarot was where she started and got into different forms of witchcraft. It was something she really enjoyed and she thought it was something she was able to pursue a career with. But her family had other ideas.

"I'm just like my mother," she pressed her lips together and looked up at her husband who was ashamed. "She threw me in a catholic church and had them do a exorcism on me, I was fifteen. I'm sorry, I don't know what's come over me,"

"I don't know but you need to go make things right with Giselle. She feels like you hate her, you show her so much of it she doesn't even know what it feels like to be loved from you anymore." AJ turned around to see Giselle standing there. "I thought I told you to go in the house,"

"Giselle, babygirl I am so sorry," She looked over to her daughter. Giselle wasn't buying it though even though she could tell her mother was genuine, she just couldn't believe it took her father to get through to her. "You didn't deserve anything I've done or said to you. I was not in my right mind sweetheart, you deserve so much better from me. And I'm sorry about your cards, it's just when I was your age I had a bad experience and my mother had done the same things, maybe even worse things to me for my practices,"

"So you do it to me?" She scoffed and shook her head, not too happy with her mother's actions. "You want me to like everything you like, be a girly girl, and all this other stuff you know I hate. Tarot and spirituality are the only two things I actually like and I keep them to myself and you were willing to take that away from me because of your past. You haven't accepted me since I started my spiritual-- you know what. I spent my whole life venting to you and not once have you listened so fuck you and your sob story. You ain't wanna hear me out so I don't wanna hear anything you have to say, I'm leaving,"