ten.

"And I'm grounded for what? I was being a friend, I wasn't about to let her walk by herself," Gino smacked his lips, sitting in the backseat watching the road

"And I'm grounded for what? I was being a friend, I wasn't about to let her walk by herself," Gino smacked his lips, sitting in the backseat watching the road. He was pissed off and wanted to take his car back home so that just added more to his frustration.

"Your sister called," His mother turned her head to face him. She had a very concerning look on her face and Gino felt her gaze.

The two locked eyes, but he immediately felt his heart drop. He didn't know Khari was home but what'd she say that could possibly ground him. School was out and he felt like he didn't do anything to get him grounded.

"Y'all just gone keep beating around the bush? If you gone ground me at least tell me what I did. What does Khari gotta do with anything," Gino scrunched his eyebrows and looked down at his phone, viewing a text message from Giselle.

"Khari came home, let us know you weren't at the house alone. I can't believe you didn't tell us Gino, you're supposed to confide in us," Genie turned to face her son, hinting at what she had found out and a tug was being placed on her heart.

Gino didn't even look at her, feeling this rage after knowing his sister ratted on him.

"Okay? She snitching, why y'all ain't grounding her?" He smacked his lips and shook his head. "Y'all love showing favoritism cause she the youngest but she ain't a baby,"

"For one, you ain't grown. Both of y'all on punishment." Kojo, his father responded. He looked into the rearview mirror at his son.

They resembled one another and he knew his son wasn't out here doing wrong. He made some mistakes but there are many boundaries in regards to their home. They always advised their kids to come to them first before making any sudden moves, especially when it came to sex. Genie took it more seriously than Kojo due to her experiences.

"Aight," Gino just shook his head and smacked his lips.

His blood was boiling at the thought of his sister snitching on him. He always had her back but now the tables have turned and she did the same, turning her back on him.

It didn't take them long before they arrived at the house. Gino was not about to stay around his parents any longer, he was tired.

"Hey, Gino," Giselle looked up and waved at him as he entered their home.

She had her head in a psychology textbook. She was double majoring and felt taking summer classes would benefit her. Her education came first at all costs.

He didn't respond and just went upstairs,  shutting the door behind him. He was irritated but wasn't gonna let it get to him too much.

He turned on his Playstation and his TV, getting ready to release some anger by playing Call of Duty.

There was a tap on his bedroom door but he ignored it, wishing he would have locked it. Giselle stuck her head in the door and looked around for him. The two locked eyes but Gino glanced back toward his TV.