Part 5: Pinwheel Forest

In the morning, Litwick wakes you up by jumping up and down on your chest. "Trainer! Trainer! Wake up! Wake up!"

You push the Pokémon away with a groan to get up and start the day.

"What do we do today trainer?" Litwick asks, hopping around by your feet.

It's hard to be sure. You could go and explore the region, but at the same time you're technically still a part of Team Plasma.

Outside the Pokémon Center, a little girl screams, "Help! He stole my Lillipup!"

You run out to see what's going on, and Mr. Kicky's holding a Lilipup and pushing the girl away. "Stupid girl! I'm freeing it from you selfish humans!" He runs off towards Route 3.

"Trainer, let's go!" Litwick yells.

The two of you run after him.

By the time you make it to Nacrene City, you've lost sight of the grunt. You double over, panting.

Litwick crawls onto your shoulder, clearly tired from running with her little legs. (does Litwick even have legs??)

"Are you alright, kid?" someone asks you.

You look up and see an older man with shaggy brown hair wearing a pink and green outfit.

"You look tired. Why are you going so fast?"

You tell him about the grunt who stole someone's Lillipup.

"Team Plasma huh? They're always up to no good!" He smiles. "I'm Burgh, and you're in luck. I saw him head towards Pinwheel Forest. We'll go together."

He leads you to the edge of town, where there's a forest. It splits into a winding forest path and a bridge that leads straight through.

"I'll take the straight path and block the exit," Burgh tells you. "You go through and try to stop him!"

Time skip brought to you by a successful area 51 raid

You catch up to the grunt, and he appears to be fairly tired as well.

"Stop right there!" Litwick yells.

The grunt, obviously can only hear her chirping. He turns around, Lillipup in his arms. "Oh, it's you. What do you want?"

a. Hold out your hand.

b. "Give the Pokémon back."

c. Stay silent

"What, you wanna return the Lillipup?"

You nod.

"What's wrong with you? Don't you know the goals of Team Plasma?"

"Help!" the Lillipup barks

"We strive to liberate Pokémon. But you are not liberating that Lillipup. You're stealing it away from where it was already happy!"

He scoffs. "If that's what you think, then battle me for it!" He sends out a Pawniard.

You look to Liwick and she nods.

"Let's go trainer!"

"Pawniard, use fury cutter!"

a. Have Litwick dodge it.

b. Have Litwick use ember.

a. "Dodge it!" you yell.

Litwick dives out of the attack, grinning.

b. "Litwick, use ember!"

Litwick inhales to let out the fire but gets hit by Pawniard's attack.

"Ember!" you call.

Litwick lets out a creepy giggle and shoots out a bunch of purple balls of fire.

That wasn't... ember...

"Will-O-Wisp baby!" Litwick cheers.

Pawniard stumbles a bit.

It's super effective!

"For real this time! Use ember!"

The candle Pokémon shoots out a small plume of fire, making Pawniard faint.

You and Litwick do a small high-five (small five?) and face the grunt.

"Ugh, rules are rules, so you can have this stupid Lillipup. But I'm not happy about this." He runs off, yelling, "Plasmaaaaaaaaaaa!"

You come out of the forest, and Burgh is waiting for you with the little girl who Lillipup belongs to.

"Thank you thank you!" she says excitedly. 

Lillipup jumps into her arms and licks her face.

"Here," Burgh says. "Litwick fought pretty hard out there, so take this potion."

Litwick chirps happily as he sprays the potion onto her.

"I'm going to take this girl back to Striaton," Burgh tells you. "I recommend you head to Castelia City. Maybe I'll see you there?"

You nod and he runs off, holding the girls hand so she doesn't get lost.

Suddenly, you hear three voices, speaking to you in perfect unison.

"You're going to pay for that, traitor. We are the Shadow Triad. We are Ghetsis' eyes."

Oh. Arcoos.

You slowly turn around and see three white-haired, black-clad figures.

"You are a member of Team Plasma," they say. "Yet you got in the way of that grunt's mission."

You step back, but one of the three teleports behind you.

"It's fine," says another voice.

N comes out of the nearby Pokémon Center.

"I told them to." He waves his hand. "You are dismissed, Shadow Triad."

"But Lord N," one of them protests.

"I said, you are dismissed."

"Yes Lord N," all three of them say. They disappear.

a. "Thank you, N."

b. Look up at him.

c. Say nothing.

N glares down at you. "Come with me." He drags you by the wrist through Pinwheel Forest, Litwick barely being able to keep up. He takes you through the gate at the end of the forest, and you're overwhelmed with the colour blue.

You're on Skyarrow Bridge, with the clear sky above you and the sparkling ocean below you. You let out a small yelp, as N is holding your wrist too tight.

He turns around, eyes burning. "Who are you?"

A/N: Oho! Confrontation! I hope you all are liking the story! I don't actually have much to say here so I'll just go away.