Part 29: Now and always

A few months later...

You're taking a stroll through Nimbasa City, Chandelure beside you, simply for the memories. Out of all the cities and towns you have visited, you seem to come back to the busy and colourful streets of Nimbasa the most.

"Hey look at that!" Chandelure points out a popcorn stand.

"Do you want some?" you ask her.

She squeals excitedly, signifying a big yes.

You pay for a small bag and sit down on a nearby bench, sharing the popcorn with Chandelure.

A lot has happened in the past month or two. After N left, you had gone back to Castelia City, where Burgh offered you a place to stay.

Ghetsis had mysteriously disappeared, so Colress is the new leader of Team Plasma. And speaking of Colress, a lot happened involving him.

He found a way for you two to peek into your home world, where it was revealed that you were actually dead.

You had cried at the time, but now you're used to living in the Pokémon world, so it doesn't seem so bad. You were able to somehow send a message to your parents, so they know you love them and are in a better place.

But Colress had been trying to track down N, since Team Plasma is apparently unable to operate without a King. To no avail, of course.

As far as anyone knows, N is gone.

"Trainer! Aren't you going to have any?" Chandelure asks, shoving the half-empty bag of popcorn in your face.

"I-it's fine," you say. "Go ahead."

You look up at the ferris wheel, both happy and sad memories flashing through your mind.

Chandelure clearly notices. She sets the now empty bag of popcorn aside and hovers in front of you until you notice. "You seem depressed. Maybe I should... steal your soul???"

That snaps you out of your thinking and she bursts into laughter.

"Ahaha! I'm just kidding! Unless..."

You smile a bit and pat the side of her head. "Sorry. Ferris wheels just make me a bit nostalgic."

"Oh yeah! Memories of your first date~~~"

You jokingly shove her aside, turning slightly pink. "It was not a date!"

"Was so!" She floats around you in circles. "I remember clearly how you were practically sitting in his lap and-"

You hold a hand over her mouth (?) and shush her. "Don't say things like that out loud!"

She giggles. "It's not like anyone else can understand me!"

You look at the people passing by, some of them laughing at or smiling at how close you and Chandelure seem to be.

They probably don't understand you two are playfully bickering.

You hear a whistle and then a boom in the distance.

"Fireworks!" Chandelure chirps.

"You wanna go see?"

"Yeah!"

You throw out the empty bag and head over into the carnival. There still aren't very many people, but everyone there looks up at the colourful explosions in the sky.