Part 20: Chandelure VS Magnezone

N gets your attention and points to a large mountain on the horizon. "See that? That's the Pokémon League."

"Wow... we've come pretty far, haven't we?"

"We have. Which reminds me!" He pulls out Zoroark's Pokéball and sends him out.

"Let me see," Zoroark says bitterly.

"Huh? See what?" Lampent asks.

You jump at her sudden appearance.

"N," Zoroark growls softly.

"Don't worry about it. Now's not the time, anyways." He takes your hand and leads you around the city, ignoring Zoroark's hard scowl.

"Whoa look at that!" Lampent says, gesturing to a black building resembling a small castle.

"That's the gym," N tells her. "Many Pokémon battles occur there every day."

"Hmm, what do you think about Pokémon battles?" you ask.

"I don't like them that much, but I understand why sometimes they are necessary. In a way, battling is an art. The bonds between some Pokémon and trainers can be fortified through battling. When I think about it that way, it seems almost beautiful."

"An interesting way to look at it, Lord N."

"Colress?!"

Colress steps out of the shadows of one of the buildings. "Hello there, Y/N, Lord N."

You're dying to ask him about information he might have gathered, but you hold it in for N's sake.

"What are you doing here?" N asks. "It's not for Ghetsis, right?"

"Goodness, you know me too well. Unfortunately, Master Ghetsis has ordered I bring you back."

N steps back, squeezing your hand. "I... I won't go back!"

He sighs. "My Lord N, won't you please stop acting like a child? You know if you resist, you'll end up in more trouble than if you had willingly come along in the first place."

"I don't like this guy as much," Lampent whispers.

"Colress, I'm not coming with you."

He pulls out a Pokéball. "Very well then. It appears I will have to use force."

N turns to Zoroark.

"Oh no, Sir. I intend to fight this battle with Y/N."

"But... why?" you ask.

"Consider it a test of strength. I've been wanting to see what you're made of anyways."

(here have Colress' battle theme to listen to while you read )

He pushes his glasses up. "Alright! Go, Magezone!" With a flick of his wrist, the Pokéball flies out of his hand and Magezone bursts out.

"Lampent, come on! Do your best!"

Lampent rushes forward with an excited squeal and releases a small plume of fire.

Magnezone flies back with a metallic bang.

It's super effective!

"Hmm, very good. However we still have more coming. Magezone, thunderbolt!"