telling the family

Thomas:

You wanted to tell them right away so the next morning after the party you and both of your parents went out to eat for lunch. You admire your ring as you start to walk in. Thomas squeezes your hand just as excited as you are before you enter he places a kiss on your soft lips. When you enter you see Jay and your parents sitting at a table together. You hide your hand behind your back not wanting them to see. You both sit down after giving hugs.

"How are you guys?" Jay asks looking at the menu.

"We are fabulous."You say not able to take the smile off of your face. Thomas just smiles with you holding your hand under the table.

"Are you guys okay?" Your mum asks.

"Yeah we actually have something to tell you guys." Thomas starts.

"Oh God you aren't pregnant are you?" Jay asks

"No,no we're getting married" Thomas chuckles at his step-brother. Jay gasps as you show them your new ring.

"Oh my gosh!" Jay smiles giving you a hug and your parents give Thomas one. When you are all back in your seats Jay asks "how did he ask?"

"At the party last night for Johns wedding in front of everyone." You smile leaning in and giving him a kiss.

John:

"Hay mum" You smile giving you mum a hug as she steps in he door you were having your family over for your and john's annual barbecue,his family as well, you walk in the backyard where John was talking to your dad making hamburgers together. You smiling excited to marry John.

"So how are you guys?" Your mum asks as you sit at the picnic table with your sister, your mum and Ada and Anne your best friend.

"We are great, I couldn't ask for anything more." You smile

"I'm so glad that he found you Y/N" Anne smiles taking your hand in hers. You chuckle forgetting about your ring. She rubs your hand and grasps when she looks down and sees your ring.

"OH MY GOD!" She screams a smile painted on her face. everyone is now facing you guys. You look over to John who is laughing he comes over to you rubbing your back.

"You're getting married?" she asks tears welling in her eyes your mum is now admiring your ring

"Yeah" John smiles proudly

Arthur:

Arthur proposed in front of his family and you wanted to make a big deal about telling your family. You have a big family so you had them over for dinner it was four days after christmas and you wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

"Baby,everything is perfect" Arthur says kissing the back of your neck.

"Come on. enjoy t your family." He chuckles kissing you neck again. You giggle bringing over glasses of wine and Arthur taking some as well. You pass them out looking at Arthur. He chuckles at you and nods. You smile taking your hand and guiding him in front of the dinning room.

"Okay so can we get everyone's attention please?" You say as Arthur squeezes your hand. They all look to you your parents,siblings and your closest other family members.

"Well, on Christmas Eve. We made a big milestone in our lives." You start. They look at you in confusion.

"Arthur and I are getting married." You smile. Your family smiles and starts talking giving you all hugs.

"About time." Your mum says.

"Better not hurt my daughter." Was all your father said

"I was hoping you guys would marry soon." Is all your sister said

Michael:

Your family was the only ones who knew about your engagement and since Michael's parents were in Birmingham the only way to do it was over Skype which you hated.

"It'll be fine." Michael says kissing your hand.

"They'll probably wonder why we aren't telling them in person" You roll your eyes.

"They'll be happy no matter what i promise" He says kissing up your arm and to your neck you giggle

"You ready?" You ask leaning you head on his shoulder.

"Yup." He says clicking the call button. It rings for a few minuets but soon Polly answered it smiling at you and waving.

"Hi mum" He says waving back.

"Hello. How are you?" She asks smiling at your faces.

"We are doing great but we wanted to call you because last weekend i asked Y/N something important and she said yes." He smiles as you show off your ring.

"OH MY GOSH!" She says covering her mouth.