Chapter 12

Hehehehehe

Day 6!

An honestly, I'm sorry.

Remember I gave you a happy child last chapter. 
Remember that.
And...
um...
while we're at it...

TW: Child abuse

~TH~

Jack's eyes slowly blinked open. The sun was streaming through the window which was... odd. He typically woke up before the sun. He looked at his phone. 8 a.m.

He had actually slept for a solid seven hours.

He closed his eyes and just listened. There was no sound. No shouts. Nothing but absolute silence. Getting up, he peaked out the door. Everything was in order. Snyder's bedroom door was open and the front door was unlocked. The Spider was gone for at least the morning.

Jack smiled. He changed into a t-shirt and sweatpants that were too thin to offer any real warmth. The paint supply Medda had given him was still sitting in one of his drawers. A blank canvas behind his dresser was the first to come out. He'd gotten two originally and was now glad that he had.

He started painting the canvas. It was practically what he had done before, but more practiced. It also went a lot quicker since he knew what he wanted to do.

He was almost at the place he was before when the front door opened. The painting was the first thing hid away, quickly followed by the paints.

His name was screamed from the other room. Jack noticed immediately that it wasn't a typical "I'm angry in general time to take it out out you" yell, but a "You really did something this time" kind.

Before he could even begin to make his way out, his door was swung open. Snyder was wearing one of his nicer shirts along with black dress pants. He looked furious. Far above what Jack had ever witnessed and he immediately felt fear threatening to overtake him.

"Guess where I've been all morning, boy!" He shouted, causing Jack to flinch back. "I received a call yesterday asking me to meet at the school today. Apparently my foster son has been falling behind in his schoolwork!"

They called.

I was sure he had gotten out of it.

No.

Please no.

"So I get there and the principal informs me that not only do you rarely turn your homework in, but you also sleep during class! You also tend to show 'anti social tendencies and nervousness'! Do you know how suspicious this makes me look!? Do you know what you could have done!?"

Jack didn't know what in him snapped, but he suddenly felt so angry that his fear vanished. "Well, maybe, I wouldn't sleep during class if you didn't have me up all night trying to breathe through whatever injury you decided to leave me with! Maybe I'd get my homework done if my top priority wasn't eating and just surviving 'till the next day! Maybe if you actually treated me like a human being and not some punching bag with a check attached you wouldn't be having this problem!"

As soon as the words were out of his mouth he wanted them back. His eyes doubled in size and he took a step back, sucking in a breath.

If Snyder had been angry before, he was downright furious now.

"What did you say to me, boy?!"

"Mr Snyder, please, I'm sorry, I-I didn't, I didn't mean-"

He didn't get to finish as he was roughly grabbed and yanked out the door. Jack watched in what seemed to be slow motion as he was dragged past the closet and into the Spider's room.