Chapter 21

WOW

There were a lot of comments.... sorry that this is out so late, but I woke up late and had stuff I had to do first.... finally got a minute to post this. 

Normal TW

Enjoy!

~TH~

Race felt dazed. He heard the scream and felt the pressure. But it took him a moment to realize what had happened. The body was pulled off of him and he saw the blood. So much blood.

They were taking Jack. They had him in the ambulance. Race watched, not completely comprehending.

He couldn't breathe. He jumped when his phone vibrated.

Breathing heavily, he pulled it out. He answered it, but didnt get a chance to speak.

"Race? Where are you? Medda called me thinkin' I knew something. You just disappeared!" Spot sounded worried. He probably had a right to be.

The boy couldn't think. The words just came out of their own free will. "He stabbed him."

"What?"

"He- he stabbed him. And, and there's blood everywhere and, and, he just, just stabbed him!" He wasn't breathing again. He was having a panic attack.

Spot sounded almost as freaked out as Race felt, "Stabbed? Who got stabbed? are you okay? Where are you?"

"He, he, stabbed him!" Race's brain was going in circles. Not comprehending much of anything. "He was on top of me and there was blood and he just stabbed him. I wanted to stop him but I couldn't! I couldn't stop any of it! Spot! I couldn't stop it!"

"It's okay, it's okay. Race, I need you to tell me who got stabbed. Where are you?"

Part of the question bled through his frazzled mind, "Apartment. Jack's apartment."

"What?! But I told him-" He broke off bmid-thought. "Is Jack the one who got stabbed?" it was surprisingly calm, but Race could hear the fear behind it.

"His, his foster dad... I don't even know where he got the knife! He just, just, had it. And he stabbed him!"

"Where is he now? Is he still with you?" Spot sounded out of breath.

"The, uh, an ambulance took him. The, the cops got Snyder."

"Are the cops still there?"

Race looked around, noticing his surroundings for the first time since Jack had been taken away. An officer was walking towards him.

"Yeah,"

The officer squatted down beside where Race was huddled against a wall, it was the same one who had been helping Jack earlier.

"Hey there," he said with a smile.

Spot had gone silent, but Race didn't move the phone. "H-hey."

"Are you okay?" He seemed to be running his eyes over his blood soaked clothes.

Race nodded, "I's'not mine."

"You're Race, right?"

He nodded. "My real name's Tyler."

"Well, Tyler, I'm Mayer Jacobs. A lot has happened, do you need me to take you somewhere?"

Race didn't know what to say until Spot's voice came over the phone. "Give him the phone."