Part 29 - Skipping The Party

" Alright, I'm with Jasper right now so do I need him to drive-"

" Oh, I am so sorry. I hope
I didn't interrupt anything-"

" Does he need to come with me or not?" I interrupt him.

" No, the more the merrier actually, but I'm almost to the Grey's mansion already. Janet had something else to do last minute. It's pretty busier than usual which is kind of a surprise but I'm sure the people won't hurt to wait a few minutes," Eli says over the phone.

" Wait, you left the customers there? Did you tell them you had to go somewhere at least?" I ask, feeling concerned.

" No, I just said that I would be back in a bit- what kind of person do you think I am Chlo? Of course, I did! Your grandma had stopped by for a bit and I politely asked her if she could take care of it for a bit while I come and get you since I figured you didn't have a car."

I give a sigh of relief, " Thank goodness."

I hope Aubrey doesn't mind that I'm leaving, even though she didn't really seem to care what I did when she left me for Harley, so if anything, I don't think I am needed at this party anymore, and I can just fulfill my duties as a bakery owner by helping put my employees, who also happens to be Aubrey and Harley- holy shit, Eli is in a love triangle and he doesn't even know it.

" I'll be there in twenty minutes tops, bye Chlo, " Eli says, knocking me out of my thoughts.

" Bye-bye, " I hang up and put my phone in my pocket, and then look over at Jasper, " So how would you like to decorate some cakes, Mr. Artist?"

Jasper smiles sheepishly, " Just because I'm good at drawing doesn't mean I'll be good at decorating."

" You might not be, but I have a feeling that you'll be a lot better than you are at baking. What do you think? Will you join us?"

" Are you telling me that the one and only Chloe Harper actually wants my company?"

" Jasper-"

" I'll have to catch up with you guys. Someone has to keep an eye on my sister, and if you can't, then that means it's my turn."

" I thought you hated her."

" Hating is a strong word, but even if I do, I would much rather not get in trouble and be blamed for the shit, that she did while she was drunk, by my parents."

" Oh, " I say, kind of disappointed, but also because I didn't know what else to say to that.

Jasper puts a hand on my arm and says, " Don't worry, I'll be there as soon as I can. Now come on, I'm sure people will be wondering where we ran off to. Don't want them to think the worst now do we?"

My checks begin to turn red and feel hotter at what Jasper was implying, so I quickly walk towards the door and open it, " Then let's go."

••••

" Chloe! Where are you going? You're going to miss Harley's surprise!" Aubrey shouts at me as I walk down the cold granite steps. I had taken my heels off earlier becuz they were starting to kill my feet, so I said fuck it and went barefoot.

" I have other matters to attend to, " I say to her while looking back for a second, " Besides, she has you, she'll be alright, " I say and keep walking.

" You always have something else to do, " she murmurs to where I can't hear her.

" What was that?"

" Nothing. Have fun without me. Goodbye, Chloe."

I wasn't sure if she was upset with me or not, she sounded like it, but I'm sure it was only because I was going home early, even though she never really cares about It when we're at other parties. Besides, she's the one who ditched me for Harley, why should she care about me leaving when she could be hanging out with the girl she set up the party for?

I see what I think is Eli's car drive up to the mansion. There were only a few people put here who were either pushing each other's tongues down their throats, having a mental breakdown, or we're talking shit, but no one seemed to even bat am an eye when Eli accidentally hit the curb.

" Shit, so much for some new seats, " Eli says while getting out of his car to check the damage. There was a slight dent on the front of the car but it was barely noticeable, unlike the giant scratch that was put onto the car.

" And I thought I was bad at driving, " I tease Eli when I walk up to him. Eli stands up, his face flushed from the embarrassment.

" Shut up Chloe, " Eli says and I chuckle in response.

" Well let's hurry back, we don't want to keep my Grandma waiting now do we?"

" Yeah, if she's anything like you, she's going to kill me for how long I'm taking. Even though, she seems like such a nice lady."

" As long as your on her good side she'll be. Don't ever play poker with that lady, she'll start throwing shit if she loses."

" Noted, " he laughs as we both get in the car. As I put on my seatbelt I see a quick flash of white light out of the corner of my eye and turn to see what it was, but there wasn't anyone there.

" Jeez, someone needs to turn off their flash. It's not that dark out here, " Eli says wincing from the abrupt flash.

" Yeah, " I agree quietly.

Who was that?

Sorry, this was such a short chapter but I hoped you enjoyed it!

Question: Do any of you guys have a favorite musical? If so, let me know!

That's all. Thank you for reading my story and have a great day! Bye!