10. His Gaze!

Ayaan's POV

"Di I'll be coming with you to the function." I said while we had our morning tea.

"What?? Aren't you going there as the chief sponsor of the event?" She asked, literally gulping her sip of tea to which I shook my head in a no.

"But why?"

"It's awkward Di... I can't just go there and sit in front - " I said "Moreover I am not good in giving speeches!" I said and winked.

"Ayaan you will have to meet a lot of people in your business journey... You need to get used to all of this..." Di advised.

"I know Di... But I will accept all those after I achieve success in this field." I said to which she gave me an assuring smile.

***************************************

I opened my cupboard to take one of my ironed shirts, After running my hands through all the shirts that were hanging - I finally took out the peach coloured linen shirt.

I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs to have the breakfast.

Di, JiJu and Ahaana had already started with their breakfast.

"You'll already started eating without me?" I asked while taking a seat beside Ahaana.

"What else can we do when you get take more time to get ready than a girl?" Di asked with a pout on her face.

"Di! I was only ten minutes late... Besides I didn't take more time than girls." I said annoyed.

"No Mamu you take more time than girls... See I and Mumma got ready quickly than you.." Ahaana said swallowing the mouthful of food.

I shook my head in defeat while Di and JiJu burst out laughing at my reaction.

What else can I do against her Royal Highness Ahaana.

***************************************

Zoya's POV

"Did you recheck the agenda?" I asked Faadila for the third time since morning.

"Yeah Zoya... I even finalized the Chief Guest's speech and Cut off the Sponsor's message." She said in a don't ask this question again tone.

"Okay" I said raising my hands and hurried to the hall.

Hakeem Bhai and his crew members had already arrived.

"Bhaiya... Did you check out the sound system and lighting?" I asked as I went and stood beside him.

"Yeah Zoya... Everything is perfect... In case if anything goes wrong... We still have backup plans so don't worry about our arrangements." He assured me.

"Thanks Bhaiya... You know nah that, this is the last minute stress? I actually want the new parents to have very good impression about our school so I need to make sure that everything goes well... Sorry for troubling you unnecessarily." I said politely.

"I understand Zoya... You stop worrying about the decoration stuff and now focus on your announcement part... You didn't even rehearse yesterday." He said comfortingly.

"Thanks Bhaiya... Yeah I need to rehearse it a bit before I go and announce in stage or else I'll flop it anyway Faadila had already checked it... So, as you are taking in charge of the stage decorations I'll stop worrying about this for a while." I said gratefully.

***************************************

"Who on earth wrote the script for announcement?" I asked exasperated.