14. New City! New Relations!

Zoya's POV

"Zo... You talked to a non mahram, like seriously?" Vikram asked unbelievably as we exited the airport.

I am amazed with the fact that how quickly Vikram learnt about our culture and the vocabulary we use. The way he pronounced non mahram was so right.

"What's there to be shocked in this? I didn't go and talk to him. He's the one who talked to me. Besides he was our sponsor. And would be right if I don't talk to him." I said.

"But-" He said.

"We can discuss about this later as well, Ab yeh batao (Now tell me) .How are we going to go your place?" I said before he could complete his sentence.

"Don't worry about it doll. My manager might have already arranged a taxi." He said searching for the person in the crowd holding his name board.

"Why manager? Didn't you inform your family that you are coming?" I asked.

"Nope!" He said and bent towards me and said, "If I say so Woh surprise kaise hoga?( How could that be a surprise?)"

Why are these actors so obsessed with surprises!

"There he is! Chalo (let's go)." He said dragging me along with him.

***************************************

"Sir! Aap kya Kamal ki acting karte hai sir... Ek dam natural! (What acting you do sir... It's seems natural!)" The driver of the cab said no wonder for how many times.

I looked at Vikram to which he gave me What can I do look.

"Vikram can't you just tell him to keep quiet. He's been saying this for the past 10 minutes.Please?!" I muttered in his ears in a pleading tone.

"Okay, I'll try to distract him." Vikram muttered back.

"Suno (Listen)... Tumare thareef ki liye  Thank you so much (Thank you so much for your compliment)!" Vikram said in pleased way. And the driver turned and gave smile to him showing all his thirty two teeth.

Vikram somehow managed to distract him asking questions about his studies and family etc.  I must say that the driver was on cloud nine when Vikram inquired about his personal details.

After around thirty minutes, we arrived at an apartment complex which might have had around ten buildings which looked exactly the same.

"Get down Zoya. I'll get the bags from the lobby!" Vikram said as the Taxi arrived at the basement.

But before Vikram could get it, the taxi driver opened it and carried the bags.

"Sir! I'll help you carry these." He said.

"No need Karthik. I can manage... I'll carry one and my niece would carry another.What's the big deal in this." He said pulling out the bags from him.

"Anyway you would be late to college if you waste your time here. And I won't feel good if it happens so."

"Okay sir. As you say, but if you want to book taxi. Call me sir, this is my number." He said handing over a card.

"Sure." Vikram said and the taxi driver left from that place.

"Amazing! Fans wherever you go huh?" I asked as I took my bag from his hand.

"Of course! Or Nahi toh kya (If not)." He said while walking towards the lift while I followed.

"Vikram, don't you feel suffocated when living in an apartment?" I asked my biggest doubt as we entered into the lift.

He pressed the 15th floor button and turned to face me and said, " You know what- I was wondering why haven't you still asked me that question." And smiled.