House Parties

Mystery of Love - Sufjan Stevens < people listen to this

I had a huge pounding headache when Rain decided to come over. Loud as ever she walked into my beach house her bright blue eyes shining bright giving me the slightest bit of energie from it.

"I brought us breakfast!" She exclaimed and I nodded, rubbing my temples in small circles.

"Are you okay?" She asked handing me a cup of coffee which I was thankful for.

"I had a rough night and I couldn't sleep." I explained taking a bite of my croissant.

She nodded understandingly gave me an apologetic smile. "Parker is working today." I said and Rain looked shocked,

"Really? he looks like shit." I agreed feeling bad.

"As long as he feels fit enough it should be fine, but maybe we could check up on him." I offered, her eyes determined as she nodded a little too excited.

We both wore vintage Levi shorts and Rain styled it with a black top while I put on a basic white shirt. Not feeling like dressing up I put my hair back in a high ponytail.

"Let's go." Rain told me impatiently getting on her bike, I chuckled and shook my head, this girl.

Once we arrived at the surf club I went over to the beach bar and ordered myself an orange juice while taking a seat. Parker was on the beach giving instructions before getting in the water holding a surfboard in his hands while five children copied his actions all wearing wetsuits. It was adorable.

"He looks like he was born to do this." Rain said breathless.

"I know he is so cute." I replied making her look my way and blush. The waiter came to serve my orange juice.

"Can I have 2 cherry cokes please." Rain asked and the waiter nodded writing the order down. I raised my eyebrow.

"What? one for Parker when he's done." Her face was still red and I loved every second of it. Oh young love.

Parker joined us once he finished his lesson, his face looking much better than yesterday,

"yeah what a difference eight hours of sleep and salt water does to your skin." He said making me laugh and finish my drink.

"Can you pick us up around nine?" Rain asked Parker who nodded taking another sip of his cherry coke.

After a moment the word 'us' replayed in my mind and I was confused.

"Us?" I asked Rain, she didn't look at me when she replied,

"Yeah Evan is throwing his house party tonight." She acted like I should already knew this weeks ago. I was still confused.

Parker noticed my confusion and spoke up, "Evan? Hangs out with us sometimes, spends most of his time at the skate park."

"I know who Evan is! I just don't feel like I'm up for another night out. I am so tired." Rain narrowed her eyebrows and her lips were in a thin line.

"But you have to." She replied to me and I sighed. Her face was determined and I knew she'd make me go one way or another.

"I'm really tired I think I'll pass out at eleven." I pleaded once more my puppy eyes averting towards Parker now.

"We could just go toge-" Parker was cut off by Rain, "Then you go home when you feel tired, you can't just not come." Her eyes where cold and I knew this was over.

"Fine." I finally agreed irritated.

This was going to be a long night and I was not up for it. This was a part of Rain I never liked, she always had to have it her way and her way is the highway. I was at my cabin getting ready for tonight, or rather say I was not getting ready I did not want to change and I certainly didn't want to put any more makeup on.