Grey

"The Factionless are getting out of control! Do you know how many fights we've had to break up in the last week?"

"Come on. They're harmless. On the plus side, if they do end up killing each other it will be one less thing to worry about".

"We're wasting resources. Something needs to be done to get them back in line!"

"What do you think we should do Myla?"

Leaning back on her chair, Myla was busy staring at the ceiling with her feet resting on the meeting table. She had zoned out a little as soon as the conversation turned to arguing. All meetings turned out the same way. It wouldn't be long before someone lost their cool. They would argue about something but, as their Commander, the final decision would either be hers or whichever one of the Dauntless leaders were present. So, she would just leave them to it until she was called upon or had enough and had to tell them to shut up. However, with Max present she chose to do the former. With a sigh Myla took her feet off the table and leaned forwards, crossing her arms on the table instead.

"They're fighting more because they're scared. They barely have enough to live on as it is and once winter comes, it's only going to get worse. Plus, Dauntless presence in the Factionless areas was suspended a few years ago. If we are to do something, then we need to speak to Abnegation and formulate a plan with them. They know a lot more about how to help them than we do".

"They need to be taught a lesson, not helped!" one of her subordinates argued.

"And that's the kind of attitude that will escalate the issue!" she snapped.

"We can't go into Abnegation throwing around accusations and theories" Max stated. "I shall speak to Marcus and organise a meeting first thing tomorrow morning. Myla, you'll come with me and we'll see what information we can get. We'll form a plan from there. Understood?"

"Yes sir".

The sound of knives against the wooden targets echoed across the training room as Myla entered. She gently closed the door behind her so she wouldn't distract the Initiates (getting hit by a flying knife would not be fun) and leant against the wall. They would all be finishing for the day pretty soon. A few minutes passed before Four called for them all to stop and dismissed them. As the Initiates left, some of them threw weary glances her way as they passed. Christina said 'hi' as when she saw her, arm linked with Tris' and with Al and Will following behind. Myla nodded her head and smiled before they also rushed out of the training room. Only when the door closed after the last Initiate did Myla move away and head towards the two men.

"Four, you can go. Myla will be helping me clear up for the rest of the first stage" Eric ordered when he saw her.

"Gladly" Four responded. He handed the knife in his hand to Myla and patted her shoulder before leaving.

"Help me collect all the knives?"

"Yes sir" she mocked with a wide grin before walking to the nearest target. To her surprise, most of the knives had landed on the targets. Only a few were scattered on the floor. With a yank she was able to get the knives out of the wood. Some were really dug in there.

"How'd the meeting go?" Eric asked.

"They started arguing after five minutes again. But other than that, it was fine".

"Any plans?" He asked holding out his hand. Myla walked over and handed over the knives she had collected.

"We need to speak to Abnegation first. They know the most about the Factionless and will probably be the most difficult to convince that something needs to be done" she sighed.