Brain over Brawn

The train sped along the tracks leading to the outskirts of the city. Myla sat on the floor in the corner of the carriage smirking. Despite his best efforts, Eric had failed to convince Myla to stay at the compound. He was busy organising the guns on the other side of the carriage and was making an active attempt to ignore her. Four hadn't said anything about her presence, but his eye flickered between the two from his position near the carriage door. When his eyes met Myla's, he gave her a quizzical look. This only made her burst out laughing.

As the centre of the city disappeared into the distance, Eric rose and proceeded to explain the rules of the game. They would be split into two teams, Eric leading one and Four the other. They would each be given a flag which they would have to hide. The first team to get a hold of the other team's flag would be the winner. Each person was to be given a gun and, although the bullets weren't real, they sure as hell hurt. Some of the Initiates didn't believe it, so Eric shot one of them in the leg. Point proven.

Eric and Four started to pick their teams. They listed the names in turn starting with the transfers, then the Dauntless-born. As expected, Eric chose the physically strong ones whilst Four focused more on intelligence. When it was time to pick from the few fully-fledged Dauntless members who were present, Four called the first name without missing a beat.

"Myla".

Eric was evidently momentarily caught off guard, but quickly collected himself. He glared at Four who just looked directly into his eyes without a care. Myla rolled her eyes at them but smiled whilst she did so. She picked up her gun and joined the rest of Four's team. It was decided that Eric's team would be the first to jump from the train. Before Eric jumped, he looked back at Myla. She had a wide grin and winked at him. He just rolled his eyes in response before disappearing into the night. A couple of minutes later and it was their turn. Four jumped first whilst Myla waited for the Initiates to go before, she did. She landed on her feet, taking a few steps to balance herself from the train's momentum. A lot of the Initiates, mostly transfers, had landed on the floor so she had to make sure that she didn't trip over any of them. Although it wouldn't take them long to learn how to land on their feet. They hadn't had much time to practice yet.

Four led them towards the Navy Pier which was where they decided would be their base location. Myla jogged to the front of the group and walked alongside him.

"Why's Eric acting more stuck up than usual?" Four asked.

"He's in a mood because he didn't want me to come. He thinks that I should be in bed instead" she explained as she tied up her hair. The wind was starting to pick up again and she didn't want to get shot because she couldn't see what was in front of her.

"I agree with him. Don't tell him that though" he added. Myla was about to argue with him, but he carried on before she got the chance. "What time did you get up this morning?"

"I don't know. Six? Wait, how did you know I was up early?"

"I saw you when I was walking to training. You looked like you were leaving".

"You should have just come and said hi instead of creeping from afar" she teased, nudging his arm lightly.

"Shut up" he replied nudging her back.

"Before you ask, I went with Max to meet with Abnegation about the issues with the Factionless".

"Did you meet with Marcus?"

"Nope, Prior".

"Confab?" he asked as they approached the pier.

"Of course. I'll meet you after training".