Importance

The three of them continued talking for hours. In Myla's opinion the conversation seemed to be going around in circles. Anything to do with the Factionless was a touchy subject for the Abnegation people. She could see why though. In the past a small group of Dauntless took abused their skills and powers and basically used them as human punching bags. It would be a difficult task to convince them that bringing back the patrols would be for the best, but Myla hadn't expected to be answering the same questions over and over again. Then again, she hadn't been to an official meeting with a different Faction before. This was probably what they were always like. They would have to do it all over again if they could get through to Andrew as they would have to meet with all the government officials. Eventually though, they did seem to be getting through. However, this was the point where Max asked Myla to wait outside so they could talk more privately. She wasn't a leader anyway. She did so without hesitation.

Resting against the concrete wall outside, Myla watched the sun set. The horizon was covered with splatters of yellow, red and purple. This was one of the few things she missed when she was stuck inside the Dauntless compound. Yes, she had one of the few rooms with windows, but she was often working until long after the sun had gone down. As she took a breath of the fresh air, there was a strong gust of wind. Myla shivered. It was a lot warmer than it had been that morning, but it was starting to get cold again. That was the one thing she definitely didn't miss about being in nature.

"Is everything ok?" a gentle voice asked and brought her back from her thoughts.

Myla looked down from the sky and came face-to-face with the woman from earlier. She was stood at the end of the small pathway. She had a grey sack thrown over her shoulder. She didn't seem to be bothered by its weight; she was adjusting it every few seconds.

"Yeah. Max just asked me to wait outside that's all" Myla replied. She approached the woman and held out her hand. "Let me carry that for you".

"It's fine. I can do it" she said with a smile. Typical Abnegation.

"It's no trouble. Besides you're obviously struggling" Myla stated refusing to put down her hand. The woman looked unsure but seeing that the younger girl wasn't going to budge, handed the sack to her. "Where are we taking it?" she asked.

"To one of our older residents. They couldn't collect their new sets of clothes when they were distributed the other day. So, I offered to bring it to them".

"Lead the way" Myla said as she swung the sack over her shoulder. It wasn't that heavy for her, but she could see why the woman had been struggling. She had a year of intense training to improve her strength, whereas there was none of that in Abnegation. She was bound to find it easier.

The woman beckoned her to follow. As they walked past the rows of houses, people tried their best to hide their confused expressions. Myla understood why though. I was a strange sight to see a member of Dauntless in Abnegation, let alone one helping and walking beside so casually. The two walked in silence and it wasn't long until they reached the house. Myla handed the sack back over and waited outside whilst the woman took it in. A few minutes later they were waking back.

"My name's Myla by the way, I realised that I introduced myself to your husband but not you... You are Andrew's wife, right?" Myla asked sheepishly. She realised that she hadn't told the woman her name whilst she had been waiting outside. The woman nodded. Myla took a moment to scan the woman's face whilst she wasn't looking at her. Her gaze was firmly on the floor. Dark circles were starting to form under her eyes, but something else bugged her. Although she acted like a typical Abnegation woman, there was something that wasn't quite right. There was a slight sense of confidence in the way she held herself. Maybe she had been a transfer? Additionally, Myla felt a pang of familiarity from her features, but wasn't sure why.