6: Ice Cream Parlor

Everything I Wanted - Billie Eilish

_______

"You are the most cutest little baby I've ever seen! Yes you are! Common give me a little kiss."

Jungkook glares murderously at the raven haired girl in front of him, placing his large hand over her face and shoving her back, "Fuck off."

Her 'charm' clearly hasn't changed.

Lisa scowls at him from under his hand and slaps it away, "Respect your eldest sibling!"

"You're older by twelve months!"

"Still," She huffs annoyedly and glances down to the full cup of untouched ice cream, "I don't even like strawberry ice cream. You already forgot my taste while being in college, I'm disappointed."

Oh he knew, he just wanted to piss her off.

Success.

Jungkook bites back a sheepish grin at her as he gave her his ice cream instead and took hers, making a wide smile form her lips as she eats his chocolate chip ice cream, "Thanks JK."

Jungkook didn't want to smile at her but couldn't fight it off as he finds joy in seeing his sister enjoying sweets. Something they weren't given the privilege of while they were growing up. Not like it was forbidden, they just couldn't afford it.

That's why whenever they did manage to get a lick of one, it was always a moment to treasure.

"So.... How's things back home?"

Lisa visibly tenses up to the question, wanting to avoid it actually, while gulping thickly before fixing her eyes out the window to the sidewalk of people enjoying the sunny day, "No different."

Well that doesn't look convincing.

"Is that so?" Jungkook hums unsure, doing a whole scan on her skin just to make sure she isn't hiding any bruises, "You've been avoiding going back to the house right?"

To his relief she slowly nods and exhales heavily, "Yeah, I don't go back but I've heard from the streets that mom is still cashing out that snow, and dad is still looking for you. Don't worry, not a ghost whispered where you slithering off to, even little gem."

It felt too familiar hearing Lisa talk in code with those loose slangs like how he used to speak back then, and Jungkook felt somewhat relieved that she is still talking to him this comfortably.

Even if he left for a better purpose in life, he still misses the life he used to live from time to time.

Without his parents being in the equation.

Or his little gem hating him.

It just feels nostalgic, not like he'd want to relive it either.

"Apartment is paid off completely and you shouldn't be getting any bills. I made sure Blue sticked with his end," Jungkook says softly and takes a bite of his ice cream, "Just keep your guard up hun."

"I always do. Besides, the nightmares still peer through my every window, cuddling me to breathe a day. You have nothing to worry about," Lisa says and suddenly smiles, "Oh I got you a little something!"

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows as his sister reaches to her backpack and suddenly pulls out a small bag. His eyes instinctively widens as Lisa hides it under her hand and slides it across the small table, "Thought college would be a little less fun without some munchies."

Oh how tempted Jungkook was, but he fought himself off so much to stop.

His veiny hands runs through his hair and he shakes his head at his sister, "No more dough, I have to stay focused."