- FOUR

"WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME that the investigation is being closed!" Jade uncontrollably yelled, throwing the paper Rio had left behind onto Agent Turner's desk

"Keep your voice down!" Agent Turner sighed, "The investigation isn't closed."

"So why does this document from the FBI tell me otherwise?" She rolled my eyes, "It's been printed as 'CASE CLOSED,' and let me tell you. It sure as hell is not."

"How'd you even get this?" Turner growled back, "He gave it to you didn't he? Jade this is exactly why-"

"I'm doing my damn job! I can handle myself," She hissed, "You just need to explain why my office is being cleared-"

"It's because you're off the case," Agent Turner sighed, "The higher ups decided you were too close to be able to bring him in legally and they're pissed because Rio got access to OUR evidence... well because of you."

"Excuse me?"

"One of the chiefs, Michael, printed it as case closed because they thought you'd let the case go easier," He shrugged, "I told him otherwise but-"

"You're just going to let them kick me off the case? Me having a connection to Rio is what's getting you the fucking evidence in the first place!"

"I tried to explain that but the Chief thinks we have it handled," He frowned, "I really am sorry Jade, I know you wanted to bring him in."

"Sir is she bothering you?" An officer walked in, "I'll escort her out."

"She's good, Michael," Agent Turner made a pleading pout. Though, he facepalmed himself when he realised he said the man's name out loud.

"Oh, is this Michael?" Jade tilted her head as the asshole himself spoke up, "Is there a problem, Jade? Turner's jurisdiction over the case has been cleared, you don't need to be here unless you're called back."

"You need me," She headed toward the door, poking his chest in a taunting manner.

And then he opened his mouth again.

"Just because you were hooking up with the criminal doesn't mean you're what we need."

——

"WELL ISN'T THIS A NICE CHANGE OF SCENERY?" Rio smirked, trying his absolute best to hide his amused. Though of course, he couldn't.

"I need to know who's on your bankroll around here..." Jade let her head fall back to the concrete wall, "Of all people why are you here!"

"Bailing you out mamas," He laughed, "Hey uh, didn't you say you were gonna lock me up?"

"Har har," She said as she rose, looking through the bars and at his face, "Are you actually bailing me out?"

"Aye Turner," Rio smiled as Agent Turner walked in, "Can I take her? Or-or do you gotta check a civil citizen's cash?"

She let her hope lead for a moment, that maybe, just maybe the money he paid would come up dirty. Quite frankly, there was no true need to pay — Turner would've let her off within the hour.

"Squeaky clean, civil citizen," Turner remarked, looking back at Rio as he let Jade out, "Maybe a little too clean."

"What are you implying?" Rio innocently smiled.

"Nothing," Turner shrugged, turning to Jade, "You're free to go."

As the two walked out, they saw Michael sitting with an ice pack to his face, "She punched me! She fucking punched me!"

He looked up, watching as Jade headed for the door, "Y-you're fired! Don't ever come back here again!"

"Fuck you Michael!" She muttered under her breath, Rio taking a proud look the injured man then back to Jade.

Rio squinted at her "You really punch him? Was it a good right hook?

"Not in the mood for your gloating, thanks for the pity. You can go fuck yourself now."

"Woah woah woah - hold on there mamas," He walked a little closer, "I just bailed you out.. Now, you gotta bail me out."

Jade whined like a toddler, wanting to stomp her feet on the ground. She instead crossed her arms, allowing Rio to continue, "You see, my girls... They fucked up."

"Because they're suburban moms who are getting greedy?" She retorted, "Oh sorry, please do keep talking."

"I need you to clean up their mess," He shrugged, "Help them out. I mean, what've you got to lose now? The Feds ain't taking you back, especially after I came and got you."

"Great," She hummed, "But what's really in it for me?"

"I mean you could make a lil money on the side," He came even closer to Jades face, "You could stay out of jail."

"Why would I end up there? I haven't done anything."

"But I could make it that way, and I'd hate to waste you like that," He sighed, "So do we have a deal?"