№ 23: Small Steps

There was only two weeks left until prom night, and Albert was called up by B/F/N to meet up in a park not too far from his neighborhood. Since Albert has nothing else to do, he went straight to the park right away, not really bothered to dress up or anything.

It was a lazy Sunday, after all.

"So, why did you wanted to meet up with me today?" Albert asks and solemnly gazed around, feeling at peace when he saw the scenery around him. B/F/N coughs, telling Albert to pay attention.

"Alright, Albert. Since you're going to dance with Y/N on prom, might as well teach you the steps." B/F/N excitedly says and claps her hands together. Albert rubs the back of his neck, feeling timid about it.

"Oh, well, where's Y/N then?" Albert looks around, hoping that you might be around the corner. B/F/N titters and looks at him, furrowing her eyebrows with a sly smile.

"Sadly, she won't be coming. You're the only one I've called today. But don't worry, she's in safe hands." B/F/N then grabs Albert's arm and pulls him to her.

"So, you're saying that she's not here, that she's probably at home..." Albert mutters in disappointment, his hopes crushed. B/F/N twirls around Albert's arm, balancing herself by gripping Albert's shoulder. She then squeezes his shoulder, causing him to look at her.

"Don't be sad! You were probably excited to meet up with Y/N today, but for once it's best if you guys try to keep distance once in a while." B/F/N says and holds Albert's hand, swaying it back and forth.

"C'mon buster! Do this for Y/N!"

•—•

The same thing happened to you as well. Kaden called you and asked if it was okay if you guys meet up in the city. Of course you agreed, although you took more than expected. You then finally reach the city, seeing Kaden in his usual attire. You went up to him and apologized for being late. "It's okay," Kaden says and leads you to an area where not that much people knows about. It was breathtaking to look at and most especially, had a lot of space in it.

"Um, Kaden, why did you ask me to meet up with you today?" You quietly asked, captivated by the plants all over the place. Kaden smiles fairly and hands out his hand to you. You hesitantly take it and all of a sudden Kaden pulls you close to his chest. Your eyes opened wide as Kaden sways your body side to side while humming a slow song.

"Prom is almost fast approaching. This would be the best time to teach you the steps." Kaden smiles at you. "Oh, I see. Is Albert running late again today?" You asked as you look around, wondering where he is. Kaden chuckles and twirls you around.

"Nope, I'm boworring you from Albert today. But once he sees your dancing skills, I bet he'll be shook. Knowing him..." Kaden chuckles as you said a small 'aw' under your breath. You then placed your hand on his shoulder, reading yourself for practice.

"If so, then I'm ready." you seriously said. Kaden nods and lets you go, bowing down in front of you.

"Here, let's begin qby teaching you the basic steps."

•—•

"Albert! You're turning me the wrong way!" B/F/N screams, making Albert lose his self- confidence each time B/F/N comments on his wrong moves bluntly.

Now that you think about it, he wasn't really that bad of a dancer back in his old days.

But why does it seem so hard for him to even learn the most basic steps?

"B/F/N, thank you for teaching me the steps. If it weren't for you, maybe Y/N would've had a hard time if I was dancing with her." Albert chuckles and without thinking, turned B/F/N around gracefully. B/F/N was surprised that Albert was able to spin her around. She screams, happy that Albert was finally able to grasp the steps. She applauds him cheerfully except Albert didn't know why B/F/N got so lively all of a sudden.