№ 33: Connect

A l b e r t o POV:

This feels surreal.

I can't believe they just pushed us into the ferris wheel.

And they say that Y/N wouldn't come, and here she is, sitting in front  of me!

Well, not that I mind though.

I sat in the opposite side of where Y/N was sitting. I was in the left while she was on the right. She was sitting up straight, gripping tightly on her knees. I instantly felt bad just seeing her like this, especially that I'm the one to blame as to why she's feeling this way.

After weeks of having less eye contact with each other, I guess it makes sense that the both of us would be awkward with one another. We only have one chance left to change everything in one day. Every second counts at this very moment...

I stared at her while she was looking out at the gorgeous view. I bet she thinks that the view of the outside is way better than looking at me entirely.

I breathe out, realizing that I've been holding in my breath for a long time.
I turn my head to the outside, failing to hide my attempts on looking at Y/N's pretty face.

Even though if silence was the only thing that we could offer at the moment, this whole ride with her is  already enough.

Y o u r POV:

It was hard for you to not look at Albert once in a while. You blush a light pink when you notice that Albert was staring at you, wanting to say something.

Till' now you didn't know why he acts this way around you. But he is Albert, after all. He'd turn everything for you upside down, even though if you didn't ask him to.

Sudddenly you remembered what B/F/N had told you before the both of you walked up to the ferris wheel. She knew that this would happen, and she was clever, too clever to even plot a plan like this.

Now you wished that you have something to say to Albert, although you couldn't find the words to tell him first. Were you suppose to apologize about the outburst? Tell him the words you didn't mean? You were baffled about what you were going to say or do next. If only you knew that this was part of their plan, then maybe you could've had the time to think of a plausible apology.

You looked again at the view, seeing that you guys were already close to the top. You shaked your head worriedly, realizing how much time you only have left. You tried to forget about the things you've did to him. But you just couldn't since it stuck to you like a parasite, never wanting to leave your system. You let out a soft sigh, you have to make this all count.

I couldn't care less if Kirsten is in a intimate relationship with Albert, I just wanted to be close to him again, even if it means just being his best friend for eternity! It's now or never.

"Alber-" "Y/N, I-"

The both of you widened your eyes in shock. You forcefully turn your head to see Albert, his eyes were already locked on you first. You've never felt your heart beat as much as it did your whole life. Your palms started to sweat uncontrollably.

"I-" "I'm sorry."

It felt as if you and Albert shared the same minds, knowing when's the right time to say what you had in mind. You smiled at him when you heard his voice. Albert starts to chuckle nervously, loosening up a bit. You sigh, digging your nails deeper into your skin.

"Albert, I'm sorry. It was stupid of me to say those mean things to you. And..." Your throat started to clog, tears were rising to your eyes by the time you imagined the day when you saw Kirsten kissing him in the hallways... And all those times you pretended to believe that he never existed....