Chapter 8: Entry to Narnia.

Edmund Pevensie was annoyed. You know what? Forget about it. He was very annoyed.

He absolutely despised his siblings. They were so selfish and arrogant.

Peter, his so called perfect elder brother, didn't even care about his opinions.

Susan was too ignorant and all she cared about was her appearance and how she could please their mother.

Lucy was too small, immature and naïve for his liking.

And then came the newbies:-

Annalisa, who was not exactly like Susan but close. He knew who she was, because Susan had mentioned her sometimes and he had seen her in their school. All his classmates used to talk about how pretty she was or how kind she was, and he hated it. However, she was smart, there was no doubt about that. He had even considered introducing Peter to her that time, that way Peter could finally pass his math test.

Hamish. Not exactly like Peter or him. But somewhere in the middle. That kid was even though, equal in age to Lucy, he acted- too smart for his age. However, Edmund didn't like him either. Every-time, he looked at him, the next morning, he simply got a glare in return. Edmund highly suspected, it was because of what happened the night before.

After breakfast, they all finally went to the lawn. The grass was neatly trimmed and extremely tempting.

Anna settled underneath a tree with her book along with Hamish and Lucy still bummed about the incident the night before joined them and passed the time, by braiding Anna's hair. Susan brought the bat and balls while Peter and Edmund placed the wickets. They were planning to have a match, but with the limited amount of interested members, it seemed nearly impossible.

Peter looked around him. The weather was beautiful outside and perfect for a match of cricket. Susan was going to be wicketkeeping, Edmund would bat and he would bowl. But, without any fielder, there would be no fun. Hamish couldn't play. He was sure Lucy was still angry with them. Anna could play with them but she wouldn't, but it was worth a try.

"Annalisa! Come on, join us!" He called out.

Anna looked at them, clearly annoyed. She was too engrossed in her book- 'Pride and Prejudice', another one of Susan's suggestion and still wanted to know more about Wickham.

"You can read your book later! Anyway, you'll get bored if you finish it early!" He called out again.

She huffed at the thought but closed her book and got up and took her position as fielder. Susan was still a little shocked at the fact that she would close a book and join them in playing a stupid match of cricket but decided on keeping her mouth shut.

Peter began his commentary, throwing the ball, "Peter winds up, goes for the bowl!"

But the ball hit a distracted Edmund of his leg and he yelped, "Ow!"

"Whoops! Wake up, Dolly Daydream!" Peter chuckled, grabbing the ball again.

"Can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund asked, irritated.

"I thought you said that it was a kid's game?" Peter replied as Edmund scowled.

"Besides, we could all use some fresh air." Susan added.

"It's not like there isn't any air inside.." Edmund mumbled, sarcastically.

"Hurry up, you two!" Anna called out from her position.

"Are you ready then?" Peter asked, spinning the ball.

Edmund readied the bat and said, "Of course. Are you?"