Chapter 11: Father Christmas.

Edmund was thrown into the dungeons of the Witch's castle. His hands were chained and he was left to sulk. He was feeling extremely guilty for giving away his family and friends. Even though the new friends they made were not close with him, but still they didn't deserve to die. His own family would too be dead because of his mistake.

He attempted to take his mind off the topic, by eating the food or drinking from the cup given to him in the prison, but it was frozen and in agony, he threw it on the tray.

Mr. Tumnus, who Edmund noticed all of a sudden, as he moved closer to the bars of the prison next to his, asked, "Are you going to eat that?"

Edmund looked at his thin face and then passed him the plate of frozen food, moving closer to the prison beside. Mr. Tumnus quickly accepted it.

"Mr... Tumnus?" Edmund guessed.

"You're Lucy Pevensie's brother. Not Hamish Williams'. Isn't that right?"

"I'm Edmund!" He scowled, but quickly quieted down on thinking about his mistake again.

"You have the same nose." Mr. Tumnus smiled.

Edmund just rubbed his nose. He couldn't even feel his fingers because of the cold.

"Is your sister alright? And her friend?" He asked, only to receive no answer from the boy.

"Are they safe?" He asked again.

"I- I don't know!" Edmund exclaimed, burying his face into his hands.

Suddenly, the door opened with loud 'bang' and the White Witch entered, followed by a guard. The two prisoners shifted far from each other.

"My wolves tore that dam apart, your little family was nowhere to be found!" She yelled, pulling Edmund by his sweater, off the ground. "Where are they?!"

"I-I don't know!!" He begged.

She dumped him down and said again, "They also mentioned about six children. You mentioned you only had four!"

"Th-They're.. they're their new friends!" He stuttered.

She suddenly looked as if she realised something and muttered, smirking, "Oh, my.. This is even better.."

She gazed at Edmund again and continued in a louder voice, "You're are no longer of any use to me.." she looked at her guard, "Guard, tak-"

"Wait! Stop! They said something about.. Aslan!" Edmund declared.

"Aslan! Where?" She asked, interested.

Mr. Tumnus realised that the foolish boy would reveal even more, not releasing his grave mistake and so interrupted, "Stranger has only been in Narnia for a very shor-" He was hit on the head violently.

Edmund looked even more terrified than before and he said, "I left before I could hear anymore! I.. wanted to see you again!"

The White Witch simply looked at him with her eyes, devoid of emotion as she said, "Guard. Release the fawn." The guard released his chains as he fell in pain.

She looked at Mr. Tumnus, "Do you know why you are here?"

"Because.. I believe in a free Narnia." Mr. Tumnus stated proudly, although he was still in pain.

His answer angered her even more as she replied, "You are here, because he-" she pointed towards Edmund, "-turned you in for sweeties."

Mr. Tumnus just looked at a guilty Edmund with a despairing look. The Witch turned towards the guard and said in a stern voice, "Take the fawn upstairs and ready my sleigh-" She looked at Edmund with a malicious expression, "-Edmund misses his family."