Chapter 4: A or B

MINA’S POV 

When I got to my locker, the first thing I saw was a group of people hanging around an area, talking. They’re my people, so I prepared for chaos. Jeongyeon and Jihyo seem to be talking to Sana about something, but I wasn’t sure about what. 

“Nayeon unnie, what’s going on with the three of them? We haven’t even started classes yet” I asked curiously as I got closer. 

Nayeon leaned into my ear and whispered, “Sana was talking about Dahyun and Tzuyu again. They got mad at her because she doesn’t seem like she wants to choose and is just enjoying both” 

Momo came to us when she noticed me and added, “They don’t want to be together all three of them but Sana doesn’t want to let either of them go.” 

The bell rang, signaling that classes are starting. Luckily. I have my first class with Sana so I can talk to her. 

We said goodbye and went to our classes. Nayeon, Sana and I walked all the way to the back row and sat in the center 3 seats. We sat at the back of the room normally, so it was nothing suspicious. 

Once class formally started, I got out some paper, made 2 overlapping circles, some questions and some cards. The cards were checks and crosses. 

I call Sana and Nayeon over and we start filling the Venn Diagram. I asked questions like, “who do you like spending more time with?” and “who do you think you can stay with longer?” while Nayeon puts the points down so we get this solved once and for all. 

I ask more questions ranging from general appearance to approach to life, intimacy and personal feelings towards either Dahyun or Tzuyu. 

"Wow, Mina! Where did you learn to problem solve relating to love?” Nayeon asked when we were done. 

“Yeah! I haven’t been able to figure out who I’ve wanted for months and here you come helping me solve it on less than 20 minutes!” Sana asked jokingly while looking at the results. There wasn’t much of a difference, but small things matter. 

“Sometimes feelings need to be checked with reason.” Nayeon’s face dropped and I laughed a little. “I also watch one too many K-Dramas.” I said sheepishly. 

“Right.” Sana said as she rolled her eyes. 

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<

Today’s lesson in PE is a little bit different. We’re playing badminton and we were asked to pair up. 

 Because Nayeon and I are the only ones who know about Sana’a final choice, we talked to both the girls separately. I spoke to Dahyun and Nayeon spoke to Tzuyu. We agreed to not get their hopes too high, but to not crush them either. 

I walked to the pale girl and handed her a racket. 

“Can I talk to you while we play?” I asked awkwardly and quietly. She nodded and went to the other side of the basketball court. She served as I said, “It’s about Sana.” I hit the birdie back at her. 

“What does she want you to tell me? Why can’t she say it herself?” Dahyun inquired mildly infuriated. 

“She’s told you before, that’s why. I’m here to talk about sharing.” My voice spiked up at sharing as I ran for the birdie. Her face contorted a bit at that word. I knew where this was headed. 

She hit it back lazily and replied, “But I don’t want to. She won’t be mine. She’d be mine and someone else’s too.”

I returned her shot. “I know, but both of you love her, so why not share someone you love and love her more. You don’t get mad at me when we both share vanilla ice cream.”