Germany

___

~~~~~ (*****^-^*****) ~~~~~

___

Bree was a month away from finishing seventh grade. She was ready to be done. She was ready to not have to TA for Ms. York. She was ready for Conner Bailey's secret to come out.

Conner had disappeared for a long time during the school year. Only to come back with a peppier spirit, more weird doodle designs, and a few bruises. ^What?!?!^

Bree was always up for another mystery to solve, but this one was different. Conner would tense up when anyone asked him about it and just say he was glad to be back like he had gone to war or something. ^Maybe he had. Who knows?^

One thing was different. Alex Bailey was now in Vermont living with her grandmother. Not that that was weird, she had just suddenly gone to live with her grandmother in Vermont. ^Not weird at all.^

The only other weird thing at school was the reading club. Mindy, Cindy, Lindy, and Wendy, were always following Conner around. It was like all four of them had a crush on him. But they had only started to do it after Alex had left. They were trying to figure out where Alex was, because like Bree, didn't believe a word Conner said. They had even taken a vote on where they thought he and sister had gone.

But Bree's school day was going to get different. Well for once her sisters woke up on time. And when she got to school she wasn't the first one in her class, Conner Bailey was there.

As Bree walked up to her teacher's desk, she heard her teacher tell Conner that he was doing really well in his creative writing. That was an understatement. His writing was more amazing now than ever. He was writing about the charming princes, the princesses' children, and the fairy council. He had made up all the finishing details for all the classic fairy-tales out there.  He was beyond doing really well. In fact, he was extraordinary.

Okay, maybe she might have a slight crush on him, but what's not to like. He was caring, sweet, and adorable when he rambled and was an extraordinary writer. But maybe that's just Bree's thought. Maybe no one else appreciated the Conner that Bree appreciated.

But, Bree being Bree, was not going to let that show. She was a tough, mysterious type of person, and she didn't want to change. She liked being her, and Conner's stories gave her the confidence she was missing.

She wanted to thank Conner for his wonderful imagination, but that would go past her tough skin. It would show that beyond the tough-skinned girl was a weak girl with a tough past. In fact, Bree was pretty insecure under her skin. She was still ignored at school and at home. But that was about to change.

Halfway through the school day, Conner Bailey was called into the principles office. Thirty minutes after that, she was called in. As she trudged to the principal's office she thought overall she had done and decided that it was something to do with her writing. The teachers had gotten tired of her writing about zombies and walking dead people and wanted to send her to an asylum. Ugh, the reading club, and their crazy guessing were getting to her.

Bree sat down outside the principal's office and was only perched for a second before the door swung open and she was called in. Bree walked into the office with confidence, her normal air. She took a seat across from Mrs. Peters and waited. Mrs. Peters stopped looking through papers and rested her gaze on Bree, her eyes permanently squinted from years of teaching unruly children.

"Now Bree, I will get straight to the point." Mrs. Peters said," You have been doing some great writing for your English class this year and I think that should be rewarded. " Mrs. Peters continued. "According to the University of Berlin, three brand-new fairy tales were discovered in a time capsule by the Brothers Grimm. The University is having a gathering of people from anywhere and everywhere to come to hear it read for the first time. I have picked a select few students to go on a three day trip to Germany who has excelled in their writing. " Mrs. Peters said as she slid a pamphlet towards Bree.

Bree picked the pamphlet up and looked at it. With just a quick scan of her eyes, she saw all that was there. Bree was a smart girl, and when she was younger had learned Deutsch, so this map wasn't hard to read. When her eyes fell to the bottom of the page, she noticed the price.

"Yikes, that's expensive." She said.

"Yes, it appears that Conner Bailey is not the only one surprised by travel cost." Mrs. Peters said.

"Conner Bailey?" Bree asked questioningly. Was Conner going on the trip? That would only seem right because he's an extraordinary writer.

"Yes, I believe he's in your English class." after received a nod Mrs. Peters went on, "He is hopefully going to convince his parents to let him go."

"Who else is going?"

" The members of the reading club." Mrs. Peters answered.

Great, she thought. ^Some of the most annoying people on earth are going to be going to Germany with me.  Ugh.^

"Well, if you are interested you can take this home for your parents to sign." Mrs. Peters said, handing another pamphlet.

"Thank you," Bree responded taking the pamphlet and exiting the office. As she was walking down the hall the bell rang signaling the end of the day. Bree turned around and walked to her locker, got her stuff, and walked home.

As she was walking home, she noticed a familiar figure in front of her. As she quickened her step, she realized it was Conner. ^What was he doing here?^ She walked behind him for a little way before he stopped in front of a house. From where she was standing, she couldn't hear him, but she knew he was talking to something. As she got a tiny bit closer she heard him say, 'Love you dad.'

^Oh, he was standing in front of his old house.^ The Bailey's had to move a few years ago, and this was their old house. As Bree looked at the house, she realized all the good times that must have come from inside its walls.

Conner started walking again and Bree walked a short distance behind him. He eventually turned off the road she was on and went to his house. Bree continued walking to her house, thinking about how Conner had been weird enough to talk to a house.

___

~~~~~ (*****^-^*****) ~~~~~

___

THANK FOR READING!!!

BYE BOOK-HUGGERS!!!
TLOSGEEK2-OUT!!!