Learning the Whole Backstory

___

~~~~~ (*****^-^*****) ~~~~~

___

"All right, that was a good one," Bree said after they had taken a seat in the back of the bus. There were so many teenagers engrossed with taking pictures of themselves around them, that nobody noticed the two strangers in the back. "It almost makes up for Buckinghamshirevilleton"
"Thanks," Conner said. "This should get us into the city without a hitch."
There was a moment of silence before Bree said, "All right, I want to hear the whole story, and don't skip any details," Bree said to Conner.
"About what?" Conner asked, completely clueless.
"Everything I need to know before venturing out on this adventure with you," She said. "About you, your sister, that Goose lady, and this dimension were about to save."
"Okay, but it's a long story," Conner warmed.
"Great." Bree said with excitement. "Long stories are my favorite."

___

~~~~~ (*****^-^*****) ~~~~~

___

Bree had hung onto every word that he had said, he was a great storyteller. He told his own story with such enthusiasm that she would never had questioned if the story was really about him. He even told extra parts from his perspective that were not important, but were still fun to listen to. He didn't tell the story from third person point-of-view, but from his point of view, which was funny because she wondered what Alex or some of the others thought. He told the story all the way up until present day, even some of the thoughts that went through his head before packing. But, as she heard him tell the story, she realized that a lot of moments of his thoughts from recent history were missing. Why was that? Was he intentionally leaving them blank? She decided to ask him when he finished his story.
"So, that brings you up to present day,"Conner said with jazz hands.
"Nice story, I wish mine was cool like yours." Bree said. " I just have one question,"
Conner looked at her quizzically. "What's that?"
"So, you basically told me the summary of your past up until the past couple of weeks, but then you left out a few days here and there. What happened on those days?" Bree asked.
Conner thought for a moment and asked, "Which parts?"
"Like the few days after you started school, you never described those, even though you mentioned talking with Alex briefly on those days." She clarified.
Conner thought for another moment and then turned bright pink. "U-uh, I don't really remember anything important to the plot of my backstory happening during those days," he said, stuttering a little.
Bree thought for a minute, she tried to remember back to those days and what her 'Conner Book' said his emotions were like. Then she thought of it. "Those were your first days of Ms. York's English class with me! Certainly that is an important part of the plot of your backstory since I'm going on this adventure with you!" She exclaimed, looking at Conner.
Conner turned a little more pink and said, "Oh, yeah, I guess that is important to the plot of my story. Since you're going on this adventure with me." He added.
A silence feel between them as Bree thought hard. ^Learning the answers to all her many questions about Conner in a matter of an hour was one thing, but then learning something like this was different. He turned pink thinking about her. It was so obvious that Bree internally smacked herself for not seeing it. Conner didn't include that part of his backstory because he liked Bree. He liked Bree! Wait, did that mean that she still liked him because she was happy about him liking her? Or did she like that he liked her because she once liked him and liked the thought that he once liked her? She was still getting used to the whole liking a guy thing. Wait, did she just confirm that she liked him? Yes, she did. She had to admit it to herself one of these days, she liked Conner Bailey. Great, what would her sisters say to her when she got home.^
"Ya know," Conner started, breaking Bree away from her thoughts. "It's really therapeutic to talk about your problems with someone else."
"Huh, I wouldn't know that." Bree said, and then paused, her eyes bulging a little, realizing what she had just said.
"What do you mean?" Conner asked. "Don't you ever talk to your sisters or parents about your problems?"
"Even if I had them,^which she totally did, but just fibbed over that^,they wouldn't listen to me anyway." Bree said. "I only live under my parents roof because I was born to them. I look nothing like either of my parents, and act like none of my sisters, therefore I am the outcast. There's one in all families."
"Everyone has problems, even if they don't know it." Conner said, clearly not missing her glossing over that fact. "And my family doesn't have an outcast."
"Really?" Bree asked in shock.
"Yeah, I mean it's just me, my mom, and my stepdad, but there's no outcast, not even my stepdad. He makes my mom happy and they make me a happy." Conner said. "Why do you feel like an outcast?"
"Because that's what they treat me like." Bree said. "I bet if I had gone on adventure like you did with Alex, then we might be closer, but we didn't get that opportunity. And, look at me, I'm not your average prissy princess girl who doesn't wear a beanie in the middle of summer, and doesn't wear all these bracelets." Bree said motioning to her beanie and bracelets as she spoke.
"What do you mean that's what they treat you like?" Conner asked, sounding genuinely concerned for her.
"My parents always look at me with that same disappointed look, and me sisters never even talk to me. My parents always are up early and come home late, so the first time I had talked to them in a month was when I asked them about going on the trip. They of course said that it was a great educational trip, but later heard them talking to my sisters about how they could go to their friend's houses for sleepovers during the time I was gone, because they think I get jealous when they go to a friends house."
"Do you?" Conner asked, hanging on to every word she said about her life.
"No way!" Bree said. "It's just another thing that 'normal girls' do. I don't want to be associated with 'normal girls'. They're boring and stupid. Someone who's not your average type person, is Alex. She was always so calm and cool, and never really let the Book Huggers bother her when they taunted her about hugging books, which I now understand why she did. I'm sure Alex still had her demons, like you told me, but she was always what I thought of when I thought of a non average girl."
"Wow, you really hate 'normal girls'." Conner observed.
"Yeah," Bree said a little sheepishly, she didn't want Conner to think she was mean towards 'normal girls'.
There was another moment of silence before Conner asked, "So is Bree your actual name? Cause I heard you tell Ms. York that you wanted to be called Bree at the start of last year, and I never heard what your real name was."
"Oh, it's Breanne," Bree said.
"That's pretty," Conner said. ^What? He thought her name was pretty? Wow, calm down Bree, he just said it was pretty to be nice. Or did he?^
"Thanks," Bree responded, trying to think of something else to say before the bus pulled to a stop.

___

~~~~~ (*****^-^*****) ~~~~~

___

THANKS FOR READING!!!
BYE BOOK-HUGGERS!!!
TLOGEEK2-OUT!!!