Chapter 10: Because You Trust Everyone!

"Allison, can I talk to you?"

Stiles knocked on his sister's door before entering. He did not feel comfortable about barging in especially with what he had to say.

With her feet propped up on her headboard, his sister put down the teen magazine she had been reading to glance over at her younger sibling. Then she turned back to her article.

"Hey Big Sis, you look like...you're going to ignore me," her younger brother bit his lip.

"What do you want, Stiles?" Allison clucked.

"I thought we could have a heart to heart," he suggested. "You know the kind the Brady Bunch kids had before they bad made-for-T.V. movies about runaway prostitutes or got involved with bad reality shows before we were born?"

Allison sighed. "If this is about me borrowing the car for tonight, you can forget it. I already got Mom and Dad's permission to use it so tough luck pal!"

"No, it's not about the car," he corrected. "It's your turn to use it tonight. Mom's not working tonight so I'm gonna borrow hers to do my school project tonight."

"You mean that reservation thing Mr. Harris assigned you?" She asked. "Personally, I would have taken the failing grade. I hate to give up my social life to spend it doing extra credit all year. Then again, you really don't have much of one so it's right up your alley."

Stiles clutched his heart. "Ouch! You really know how to kick a guy when he's down! Should we go for how long my brain turns to scrambled eggs once this tumor worsens? Oh Allison, have our parents add to my tombstone: His sarcasm was a truly a gift..."

The popular cheerleader frowned. "That is not what I meant! Dammit Stiles, your cancer is not funny to me at all! Don't you think that it kills me every day that I must think about you dying any second? This might be hard to believe but you're my little brother and I love you." Tears started to form in her brown eyes. "Sure, you're the one cracking jokes, but your family is one who are truly suffering. We're the ones who must accept it not by choice but because we don't want to believe that you'll be taken from us at any given moment! Think about that, Stiles!"

At that moment, Stiles regretted his comment. Sitting on the edge of her bed, Stiles wiped away her sister's tears with the handkerchief in his pocket.

"Your mascara is smeared," he remarked. Dabbing the running lines, Allison managed to let out a giggle between sobs.

"Thanks," she hugged him. "Man, I wasn't planning on getting emotional tonight."

"I'm sorry Oweeson," Stiles replied with his Elmer Fudd impression.

It got a smile out her. "You haven't call me that since you were three and you couldn't pronounce my name correctly."

"L's were a hard thing for me back then," he laughed. "I think I've grown out of my toddler pull-ups."

Allison reapplied her mascara in the mirror. "Wait until you're eighty and wearing diapers again."

"Yeah but that'll be you first," Stiles pointed out. "You're the older one."

"Only by one year," she emphasized. "By the way, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

"It's about the new kid Scott McCall," he mentioned. "I saw you kissing him during the lacrosse game a few nights ago."

"Oh that," Allison rolled her eyes. "He asked me out and I said yes."

"I don't think that's such a good idea," Stiles suggested. "I don't think he's the right person you want to start dating."

Shifting her face away from the mirror, she turned to her little brother in complete offense to his remark. "And why not? What's so wrong about Scott McCall?"