Chapter 20: I Had a Boa Once. I Can Do It.

The rattle of Allison's chains struck the floor as the extra weight made it impossible for her to run. Stiles attempted to assist his sister, but the manacles only ended up slowing them down.

"Damn! Where's a locksmith when you need one?" He commented.

"I'm sorry Stiles," Allison whimpered. "It's my fault for letting Scott bite me."

Her younger sibling hugged her. "No, it's not. We're going to find a way to cure you, I promise."

"Shhh," Laura signaled. "I hear Derek and Peter still battling it out."

She peeked around the corner of the hallway to see the two supernatural creatures locked in combat in the main corridor. Wrestling for control, Derek managed to gain the upper hand as he shoved the skin-walker Peter against the set of school windows shattering the glass. Feeling defeated, the evil shaman retreated into the night leaving a battered and bruised Spirit Wolf slowly limping toward his friends.

Laura smiled as the trio slowly made their way toward Derek. Seeing the large wolf in the hallway, Allison hesitated before Stiles held his sibling close and kissed her head.

"Don't worry," Stiles reassured her. "That big doggie is my friend. He's the good one."

Allison trusted his judgment as he looked in the kind golden eyes of the large animal and gradually approached the Spirit Wolf. Unexpectedly, a searing pain crossed Stile's temple. Clutching his head, he could feel the evil coming.

Sensing her brother's anguish, Allison grabbed his arm. "Stiles, what's the matter?"

"Allison, get out of the way!" He shouted.

Ferocity and rage filled the room as an enormous black beast crashed through the broken window. Landing on all fours, the skin-walker bared its canine fangs and red eyes, before focusing of its attention on Allison.

"It's Scott!" She shrieked.

Yanking his sister toward the other side of the hallway, the pair attempted to race toward the doors behind them, but the skin-walker leaped ahead of them, preventing them from escaping. Scott heard the shuffle of a bullets being inserted into a rife as Laura raised her shotgun and targeted the beast.

"Scott! Allison! Get down!" Laura yelled. The two cowered to the floor.

She fired the first round, but the skin-walker dodged the silver bullet hitting the ceiling. The second shot erupted which Scott easily avoided as it hit the corner lockers. The supernatural monster roared in anger as heard the cocking of the shotgun. Determined not to give the older woman a chance to shoot, he launched himself at Laura grabbing the weapon with his large claw and knocking the woman down.

Tossing the arsenal to side, he extended his razor-sharp talons and brought his hand down on the Aeiwa shamaness. Stiles watched helplessly as the Scott McCall monster pierced the chest of Laura Hale.

"NOOOOOOO!" The teenager screamed.

Grabbing the silver dagger from his pocket, he raced behind the skin-walker, climbed the animal's back, and ran the blade down the spine of the creature. Scott howled in pain as the dagger's poison began to run the venom through the monster's black veins. Digging a claw into arm of Stiles, Scott tossed him off his back, sending him crashing toward the wall as he turned to open his jaws to chomp down and eliminate the young man.

With his lupine snout extended, the skin-walker growled as he prepared to tear apart the unarmed teenager. Hunkering down on his hind legs, Scott started to leap. Stiles shut his eyes before a flash of white and gray sped through propelling the black mass toward the other end of the hallway. Streaks of crimson stained the tiled school floor as both the wounded Spirit Wolf and damaged skin-walker battled to the death.