💥Prologue💥

I don't own anything except any original characters (including the Reader's concept) and/or any original plot

💥

Prologue

💥

No man is created equal to his brother

The opposite was commonly said. "We're all born equal" and all of that crap. People only say that to make the underdog feel as though he had a chance, to make him work harder and earn more money for those above him. But you understood the truth. Perhaps, at some point, before Quirks started appearing everyone was born equal. If they worked hard enough and were given little bits of luck then they'd become a millionaire. That wasn't the case anymore.

Your worth was decided by your Quirk. You were born without it manifesting, sure. Buck naked and screaming, you were as powerless as any other newborn, but the gene was present and dormant. The day your Quirk manifested was the day a price was slapped on your head by society. Future hero, government work, specialized field, normal worker, worthless. It was a silent rating system only a select few could prove wrong.

You were worthless.

Born into a nice home with two siblings, loving parents, and a stable income, you had the perfect recipe for a nice life. Based on your parent's Quirks, you could either go into something requiring increased intelligence or a job needing brute strength. Superintelligence or superstrength, neither were a bad option, and you were eager to find out what your future would hold. That was before the doctor's visit.

Your parents were concerned because you hadn't shown any signs of a Quirk manifesting. So they took you in for a checkup, expecting to be reassured that you were simply a late bloomer and could expect your Quirk within the next year.

The doctor was nice enough. He drew your blood - to your disdain - took a few X-Rays, and did a normal physical. He made small talk with you and your parents while the results were being processed, a permanent smile stitched onto his face as he asked you what you wanted to do when you grew up. You wanted to be a hero, what kid didn't? You were wearing All Might socks and had a Best Jeanist lunchbox.

Then the nurse came in, handed the doctor a stack of papers, and left. The room was silent as the doctor looked over the information in front of him, his smile slowly falling as his eyes flicked over the paper. Clicking his tongue, he sighed. Setting the papers on his desk he turned to you and your parents.

"You're daughter's Quirk hasn't manifested because she's quirkless."

Knives stabbed through your heart. The temperature around you dropped and the air left your lungs. Your formerly swinging legs stopped abruptly, hitting the examination table harshly. Your parents had a similar reaction, pale and dumbstruck.