💥Bakugou Birthday Special💥

I don't own anything except any original characters (including the Reader's concept) and/or any original plot

💥

Bakugou Birthday Special

💥

A/n: It's Bakugou's Birthday (in my time zone at least), 4/20 baby! I've got a chapter in honor of it and I'm hoping to update again tonight! In terms of when this takes place in the timeline, I'd say after the Overhaul arc

A/n: It's Bakugou's Birthday (in my time zone at least), 4/20 baby! I've got a chapter in honor of it and I'm hoping to update again tonight! In terms of when this takes place in the timeline, I'd say after the Overhaul arc. I know the months don't match up, so we can call this a bit of an AU chapter that can be read on its own without spoiling anything.

~*~

He didn't tell you it was his birthday, which only pissed you off a little bit.

You were just scanning through the internet two days before the actual date, and had found your way to clips about the UA festival. One of them mentioned Katsuki's birthday, and that was when you panicked.

Of course, you shouldn't have panicked in the first place. You'd met him under the worst circumstances possible, and that scenario continued until you met him under slightly better circumstances that could have landed you in jail if he wasn't so - secretly - honorable.

Still, you felt a strange obligation to find a present. As if Fate itself was plucking the string that connected you to Katsuki. So, you made up the excuse of going out for supplies to Tomura, who honestly trusted you too much, and made your way into the town.

The League had received some money from the Shie Hassaikai as a show of good faith when Overhaul demanded I be handed over, but we'd need every bit of it now that we didn't have a stable course of income anymore. So I took to the streets and participated in some easy pickpocketing. Cash was always the best thing to get, but in modern society it was a rare thing for people to casually carry, so I'd gotten more creative.

People rarely noticed a watch missing from their wrist when someone bumped into them, or a hairpin from the hair when you made the excuse that someone had a leaf in their updo. In an age of heroes and villains, people were far too trusting and had lost the survival instincts that would have warned them something was off about the smiling teenager in front of them.

Stopping in a pawn shop, you set a small jewelry box on the counter. It was cheap from a convenience store, and made you seem less criminal.

"And what do we have here?" The appraiser gave a broad smile as you opened the box and set the items out.

Your favorite part was always the acting. You were foreign, but in a world of Quirks appearances didn't matter much unless it was drastic. The one thing that would attract attention was your accent, which was easily fixable with a fake one and an attitude, "My grandparents are super old and keep giving me stuff I don't want, so I figured I'd sell it and buy myself something."