Chapter 3: Headache Trauma (Part 6)

Footsteps grew closer. We all turned to the door and saw Makoto and Yasuhiro enter.

"What's up? Something bad?" Makoto asked. He soon noticed the empty locker.

"The labtop is missing..." Kiri said.

"And I'm looking right at you Ishimaru!" Hifumi suddenly yelled at me. "We all know you did it, so be a man and fess up!"

"Really now?" Ishida snapped. "I'll have you know I was a hall monitor three times decorated in my past life!" I could only assume he meant me.

"Both of you can be ruled out as suspects" Kiri said. "After yesterday, I programmed Alter Ego to shriek if either one of you came near it. Clearly I over looked a lesson obvious threat."

"Clearly...the issue now becomes how to narrow down the remaining suspects." Togami said bluntly.

"None of us had any reason to make off with it. " Asahina added.

"Perhaps.... Or perhaps we're too afraid to admit the truth" Togami said. What the hell was he going on about? Did he steal Alter Ego? "Consider this..." The Affluent Progeny added. "We have a trait in our ranks" no one made a sound as he continued. "The notion from possible to probable went through my mind some time ago. Wouldn't a mole be part of the course? And to ensure the game went smoothly? And to make sure the pieces moved as desired." I heard a few of us gasp. This seemed to irritate Togami. "Oh come on, if I'm the only one who thought of this. The rest of your aren't even trying." He said. The night time announcement rang right as he finished.

"Oh dear look at the time! 10 o'clock and all tell! Curfew ladies and germs! Nighty-night!" It was the bear. We all quickly dispersed from the bathhouse. I unintentionally slammed my door as I entered my room.

"A traitor is a .....little much. " I heard Mondo say.

"Right. But.....As much as I hate to admit...Togami has a point" I said. I yawned as I got into bed.

"Good night bro" Mondo said.

"..Goodnight Mondo" I said, I felt...the butterfly feeling again, and soon feel asleep.

I woke up the next morning or..so I thought. "Mondo...? Did I sleep in again...?" I asked.

"No, the announcement hasn't rung yet..." He told me. I was about to go back to sleep when I heard something. The shuffling of paper and footsteps. I glanced over to my door. There was a piece of paper at the bottom. I slowly got out of bed and went over to check it out. I picked up the paper and read it over. I found a hole maybe we can use to escape. Monokuma can't know about this so don't tell anyone else for now. Let's meet in the equipment room at 6 am. I glanced at my watch, it read 5:45.

"Where's...the equipment room...?" I asked.

"Physics lab. Back room" Mondo said.

"Right...thanks" I said. I wondered who the note was from. The handwriting wasn't familiar and I oddly couldn't place who's footsteps it was. "I should hurry..." I said as I quietly left my room with the note in hand. I was a tiny bit scared that I was breaking school rules. So I was careful about not being in a camera view, even though it was difficult. I went all the way to the third floor. I found and physics lab and went in. I could hear the air purifier from outside. It was huge. I walked past it and to the back room. Aside from a carrying dolly and a bunch of tarps, empty. I stepped inside and looked around. There was no one inside. I heard the door creak slightly. Probably from me swinging it open.

"Ishimaru! Behin--" Mondo began. But he was cut off when I felt a sharp pain on the back of my head and I fell to the ground with a loud thud.