puppy|M.M

sometime in 1986
"hey babe" you smiled

you opened the door to micks black car and gave him a kiss on the cheek. it was a hot summer day on the strip and you and mick planned on going out to eat to a nice outdoor restaurant. he placed his hand on your exposed thigh as the hot air flowed through your hair. in the distance you saw a pet store with a sign about foreclosure. the closer you got you saw that the animals must go or else they would be sent to the shelter as well as a large discount rate on the animals. you suddenly got an idea.

"mick stop the car!" you shouted.

"what?" he sounded startled

"pull over!" you yelled.

he quickly pulled over on the side of the street right near the pet shop. he looked at you with wide eyes.

"baby what's wrong?"

you never saw him that stressed. you did feel bad for startling him but you really thought a puppy would be a good idea.

"mick i'm so sorry for startling you" you said with a soft kiss.

"it's all good, but now you need to tell me what's up."

"look ahead." you pointed.

"okay um i see a er strip club, a um bar, a corner store, a record shop-" he squinted

"no look right there!" you pointed again this time fiercer.

"a pet store?" he questioned.

"yes but look at the sign; foreclosure, must get rid of animals" you voiced.

he turned and looked at you quick with wide eyes

"no, no, no, no" he said as he put his face in his hands.

"come on babyyy" you begged

"why not, a puppy would be a great addition to our house" you pleaded.

"no way, absolutely no way."

"they need food, water, exercise, we would have to take it on-"

he was interrupted by you slamming the car door and quickly walking towards the pet shop. mick groaned as his head hit the top of his seat. he looked up at the sky contemplating what to do. he sighed and opened the car door and quickly moved after you.

meanwhile you opened the pet store door and the bell went off.

"hey." the girl sitting at the counter said barely looking up from her teen vogue magazine.

you nodded back at her and made your way towards the puppies. mick shortly followed you and made his way towards the back as well. as he walked back he saw you crouched down petting a small golden retriever puppy.

"baby look!" you squealed as the puppy made its way to your lap.

"yes i see" he said unenthusiastically.

you laughed at his antics and held the dog up to his face.

"look at how cute he is" you said pulling the dog to your chest.

mick came up and pet the dog squiggling in your arms. mick's face let out a small smile.

"how could you say no to his squishy face?" you smiled.

mick sighed.

"fine." he shook his head.

you squealed and gave him a kiss. he laughed as you quickly made your way around the store finding all of the things you would need to raise the dog.

you both made your way to the front of the store where the girl rang you guys up. after making it into the car mick looked at the sleeping puppy in your lap.

"what are you gonna name it?" he inquired.

"i don't know why don't you choose." you replied

"what about shaggy?"

"what?" you laughed.

"yeah shaggy." he looked you dead straight in the eyes.

"you know what, sure." you gave in.

"really?" he looked shocked before a smile settled on his face.

"i mean, why not?" you shrugged.

he started laughing.

"hey, why are u laughing so much?" you play hit his shoulder.

"i totally said it as a joke and now we have a new puppy named shaggy." he smiled

"dude. you know what, who cares it's grown on me." you laughed.

"good, he's stuck with that name."

mick leaned over and gave you a kiss on your forehead and then turned his eyes back to the road.

you looked down to the small dog resting in your lap. nice.

a/n
dude i finally wrote a little shorter one.

thanks for supporting me <3

i take requests

-L 🥶