four

late September 2016

Casey's pov

This year I decided to be healthy, so every day I go running in my favorite park. Lauren makes fun of me for doing that but, one day I'll be fit and fast, and she'll still be fat and slow!!

While running I like to look at what other people are doing. It's not creepy, right? Anyway, today this park is full! It's Saturday, a nice and sunny afternoon.

Couples, families, friends and lonely people are everywhere. Dates, picnics, people running, cyclists, children playing on the playground, even the small skatepark is full.

This view makes me happy. People just living their lives, not caring much. I wish that life could be as easy as it looks right now.

I ran down one of the main paths of the park, Born to Die by Lana Del Ray blasting in my headphones.

Runs like that give me a lot of time to think. Think about my life. Last couple months haven't been great. It's mainly because of Lauren's new boyfriend. That guy is a complete douche.

He's been hitting on me non-stop, even when Laur is in the same room as us. At the beginning he was great, he seemed like someone I could trust with Lauren but he's a complete fuckboy.

But Lauren seems happy with him. He takes her out on nice dates and stuff, he even asked her to prom. I don't want her to be heartbroken because of him, but I only have my word against his.

My shoe untied so I had to stop. Near me were a couple benches, every single one was taken. I took my time to tie my shoe and look at people surrounding me.

On one bench I noticed a guy who looks just like Christian. Yep, it's Christan. He's handing some girl roses. Maybe it's his sister or something? Wait.... Definitely not a sister or cousin. Why? I don't think that family should kiss each other that passionately.

I need to confront him.

"Christian?" I walked up to the couple that was making out on the bench.

"Casey? What are you doing here?" He asked shocked

"I could ask you the same question" I chuckled.

"Chrisy, who's that?" Asked the blond girl sitting next to him, well, sitting basically in his lap.

"She's my... friend's friend" his voice got shaky, he's definitely scared of me now.

"Oh hi! I'm Lola! Christian's girlfriend" the blond smiled at me before kissing Chris' cheek.

"Girlfriend? That's exciting" I laughed "so Lola, do you know any of Christian's friends?"

"No, we've been together for only 2 months" she lifted up the roses "today's the anniversary"

"Well I'll tell you about my best friend" I placed my hand on her shoulder "she's his girlfriend"

"Noo" Lola laughed "Chrisy tell me that it's not true"

"Lola baby, don't listen to her please" Christan stood up and walked closer to me "this girl is crazy"

"It's funny that you call her baby, to Lauren you said that you hate that nickname" I smiled at the cheater who stood in front of me.

"Casey just shut up!" He practically yelled "so what! I cheated on Lauren, but with a girl that I actually love"

Lola stared down at the roses Chris gave her. Poor girl just found out that her boyfriend has another girlfriend.

"You could have ended things with Laur! Why are you keeping this up?" I asked, I feel awful for Lauren and Lola.

"Because she's famous! She's a singer with a huge following. Her fame gave me so many opportunities at school! New friends, I got into the volleyball team! All thanks to my famous girl"

"You're just using her! Oh my God, you're so selfish"

"Don't act like that, you are friends with Lauren for the same reason" Christan chuckled and looked back at Lola, she started crying.

"I've been friends with her since I can remember, I value her as a person not a walking fame booster"

"I know why you like her so much and why you're so protective" Christan said proudly "you're in love with her"

"What no! I'm her best friend. I love her like a sister" I tried to fight back.

"Casey, Casey, Casey" he shook his head "I can see it now. That's why you don't like when I hang out with her, or kiss her, or call her mine. You're mad that she doesn't love you like she loves me"

"That's not true" I took a step back "I don't care if she loves me or not"

"So you'll have no problem with me telling her what I just said here, about you" Christan crossed his arms.

"The only thing that you can tell her is that you're breaking up with her"

"I'll tell her just that if you promise to not tell her about Lola" Christan reached out to shake my hand as an agreement but I didn't take it.

"You're a sick man" I started walking away "end things with Laur and never come back to her life" I said loudly.

I walked away but I could hear Lola yelling at Christian, she broke up with him.

a/n

a little flashback to the reason my Casey hates Christian

hope you liked it

STREAM THESE DAYS BY LAUREN CIMORELLI