six

Lauren's pov

After what I found out tonight I couldn't sleep. I'm so mad at Christian and Casey.

Chris is literally the worst thing that could possibly ever happen to me. I'm so stupid for falling for him again! Everyone in my family really likes him and I listened to them when it came to getting back together with him, but I should have listened to my best friend.

Casey knows me best, but I didn't know why she was so against me getting back together with him. We broke up in a normal, casual way because I thought that it was because of school. Now when I know the truth, I feel so stupid. Christan lied to me the entire time we've been together.

I know that my best friend wanted what's best for me. But keeping that secret was the worst thing she did to me. And she did that all because she didn't want me to find out about her crush on me. It hurts me that she thought that I would hate her for that.

But I can't blame her. If I had a crush on her I would also be scared to tell her. The thought of it ruining our friendship would be too much for me.

I forgave Casey for keeping all those secrets. I know that she only meant for things to be good. But I don't want her to think that I forgave her for everything yet. Why? you may ask. Well I'll tell you.

Christan and Casey hate each other. And thanks to the fight with my best friend I know what a scumbag my ex-boyfriend is. I texted Chris that I want to go out today, he agreed. I'm going to take Casey with me and break up with him because I'm "in love with her".

That's my plan to get back on him. It's not the best thing that I could come up with but it's something. Casey knows the plan, I told it to her this morning. She will do everything to get back on my good side, so she agreed.

I don't feel bad for what I'm about to do. I want Chris to feel how I'm feeling right now. Knowing the truth hurts a lot.

"Lauren can we go? We shouldn't be late" Casey knocked on my door.

"Yeah, yeah of course" I closed my journal and stood up from my bed. Casey nodded and walked downstairs, I followed behind her.

She didn't talk to me much today, she's probably still really scared. We got into my car and I started driving to the same park that Casey saw Christan cheat on me.

"Hey" I said quietly.

"Hi" she replied in the same tone as me.

"I'm sorry for how I reacted last night" I said and turned off the music from the radio.

"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier" Casey smiled faintly.

"It's okay" I lightly chuckled.

"It's not okay, I should have told you immediately when I found out. You're allowed to hate me forever" Casey slowly let her head fall back onto the headrest.

"Casey, I forgive you for everything! Really! I understand what was going through your mind" I spoke softly.

"Do you? I think that my crush is one sided" Casey scoffed.

"It is, which is unfortunate. If I was interested in being more than friends it would have happened a long time ago, but Case, your feelings don't change my approach to our friendship"

"Are you just saying that so I won't go all psycho?" My best friend looked at me, her eyes lacking emotions. "I've cried so much because I was so scared of this, now you're being all chill about me being in love with you. This is crazy"

"Casey this is a lot to process for both of us. Can we go back to normal? Can we go back to how things were before I met Christian?" I asked as I turned off my car when we arrived to the location.

"Things won't be normal again" she said before unbuckling the seatbelt.

"Can we at least try?" I tried to place my hand on her knee, but she moved her leg away, making my hand fall down.

"I'll move on, because it will be the only thing that will help me fall asleep at night without thinking about you being there with me" she opened the car door and left.

I'm in shock. She has never acted like that before. Her eyes were cold, her body language was stiff. I thought that this could bring us closer again, but I was wrong. I'm losing my best friend because of this.

"You coming?" Casey knocked on the window.

"Yeah yeah, sorry what you said caught me off guard" I got out of the car and started walking towards the park.

"Do you remember the plan?" I said before checking the time on my phone.

"Yeah, you go talk to him about whatever and in 10 minutes of your date I show up. We hug and you say all the stuff you need to say to him and you break up" Casey readjusted her baseball cap, that she wore for a disguise.

"Okay you remember everything" I laughed. "Let's do this" I placed my arm on her shoulder and she nodded. We went separate ways.

After couple minutes of walking I reached the bench Christan was sitting on. He sat there looking at his phone. He was texting someone and smiling. There could be a lot of people he can be texting that make him smile. But of course the only thing on my mind is that it could be his another girlfriend.

I quietly sat down next to him, he didn't even notice. I took a quick glance at his phone. The person didn't have a name, it was just a number, they were apologizing for bumping into him earlier. Chris's text back read:

Maybe I can forgive you over a romantic dinner tonight? I know a great Italian place down the street from my apartment, we can visit it later ;)

That man disgusts me. He haven't changed a bit. He doesn't love me and now I definitely don't love him.

"Hello Chris" I slid closer to him. He jumped a little and immediately hid his phone into his pocket.

"La-Lauren, when did you get here?" He scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Oh, not long ago! Who were you texting? Was it about that school project? That robot thing?" I asked in a soft tone.

"Yes! It was about that! I have to go to Steve's tonight to finish programing it" he draped his arm over my shoulders.

"That's fun" I said and moved a little further from him.

"Did something happen? Why did you move away? Do I smell?" He laughed.

I sighed deeply as I noticed Casey coming our way. "Yes, something did happen"

"Hi guys, I didn't know that you were here" Casey stopped by our bench and smiled softly.

"Casey hi!" I jumped up and hugged her. "A little change of plans" I whispered to her before letting go of the hug.

"Casey, hello" Chris reached out to shake her hand but she ignored it. "We're in a middle of a date, so could you excuse us?"

"Umm I don't know? Let me think" she scratched her chin "okay I received the answer. Drumroll please!" She imitated drums on her knees. "No, I cannot leave you alone!" She laughed.

"It's great that Casey is here because she's a part of the thing that happened to me" I smiled at Chris "you'll be surprised how much closer a girls night can bring two people"

"What do you mean?" Christian asked as he sat back down.

"Well you see" I stopped mid sentence and looked at Casey, she stood there watching this situation unfold. Now it's time for the change of plans to come to life.

I reached out and gently grabbed her face into my hands and brought her face closer to mine, making our lips meet. I softly kissed and it didn't take her a long time to start kissing me back.

After maybe 10 seconds of kissing my best friend, I pulled away and looked at my ex-boyfriend.
"I actually love her more then I ever have loved you"

a/n

hola my people
hope you liked this chapter

it's getting juicy baby

STREAM THESE DAYS BY LAUREN CIMORELLI