ten

After reading Casey's letter, Lauren quickly ran to her room to pack her bags. She had to go after her best friend, well she thought that she had to. Even though Casey wanted space, Lauren couldn't give it to her.

Lauren needed Casey for far too many reasons. She is her other half. There wasn't a day in almost 12 years that they haven't spent together. Lauren felt like she lost an arm or a leg. She rushed to stuff her bag with random clothes from her wardrobe, so she could get to the airport as quickly as possible.

"Laur? What are you doing?" Amy asked while walking into her younger sister's room.

"I'm packing, I have to go to LA" Lauren quickly walked pass her sister to grab some things from the bathroom.

"Why tho?" Amy threw her hands in the air "did something happen?"

"Casey left, I have to go get her!" Lauren looked at her sister, her eyes started feeling up with tears at the thought of Casey not wanting to come back.

"First of all! There's probably no planes to LA soon, and second! Why did she leave?"

Silence.

Lauren felt helpless. She knew that the idea of going to Malibu was too sudden. But she also didn't want to tell Amy what made Casey leave.

"Lauren? You can tell me. I'm also worried about Casey" Amy reassured her.

"She left this note" Lauren handed her sister the note from Casey's room.

Amy read it carefully. A couple times actually. She looked up at her sister and smiled in confusion.

"So this is why you guys where fighting couple days ago?" Lauren nodded her head to the question.

"She loves you? That's sinful" Amy looked down and whispered.

"It's not sinful. It's normal feelings, it's love" Lauren said catching Amy's attention.

"Casey left because she's scared. I told her that I don't share her feelings, but that's a lie. I've always loved her, and now I have to go after her"

"I don't understand. You're gay!?" Amy had to sit down. Finding out that the girls are "sinners" made her feel weak.

"No, I'm not. Well I'm not sure yet" Lauren stuttered "but that doesn't matter! What matters right now is, that I have to go tell that to Casey"

Amy didn't say anything, she was beyond confused.

"If you don't mind, I would like to book the soonest plane ticket to California so I can tell Casey the truth" Lauren grabbed her phone.

Amy nodded her head and stood up "Get one for me as well, you can't go alone"

"Don't you hate me now? Your reaction told me that you see me as a sinner" Lauren looked up at Amy from her phone.

"I don't hate you, but I don't know what to think yet" Amy said before walking out of the room. "But this is all rushed! She need time away" she yelled from her room.

After couple hours the girls where at the airport, waiting for the plane. Amy didn't want to talk much with Lauren, because she was still processing the conversation they had earlier.

Lauren took that time to text and call Casey to inform her that they are coming to Malibu. But the other girl wasn't picking up.

Lauren worried that her best friend doesn't want to hear from her for the entirety of her time being away. But Lauren knew, that Casey can't live without her either.

They couldn't go a day without talking to each other, so what was happening was painful to her.

"We have to go for the plane" Amy broke Lauren's train of thought.