two | Meeting

meeting

The Queen of Heaven appeared in the Throne room where she was the first deity to arrive, save for the Hearth of her sister, Hestia, right at the corner of the room, providing enough warmth amidst the cold weather of the season. It was only a moment after that both Iris and Hestia appeared before her, "Queen Hera.", momentarily curtsying in respect for the Queen as she proceeded on striding towards her Throne which was almost a replica beside the King of Heaven's. "Iris.

Sister."

Hestia was gladdened at the simple acknowledgment of her sister towards her. Over the years, Hera isolated herself from the rest of the deities and most importantly, from her family. After the incident with Demeter, she took it upon herself that she would steer clear of the people who are close to her, bracing herself from betrayal in the future. Of course, this caused Hestia to lose touch with her younger sister and break the connection the three of them had in the past. As the goddess of the hearth, the thought of Hera hardening her heart for millennia caused hers to clench in discomfort. She could just wish that she will be able to see her younger sister smile again.

Hermes was quick on his feet the moment he entered the Throne room. After all, he was in charge of signaling with the horns. His frantic eyes widened when he saw the sight of the Queen already resting on her Throne. Bending his body as he bowed in front of the Queen, ignoring the hardened look that was evident in her elegant features. "Queen Hera," He turned to the side and acknowledged the elder deity and his fellow messenger. "Lady Hestia. Lady Iris." Hestia moved forward with a glowing smile plastered on her face that was meant for her nephew. Her arms wrapped around him comfortingly. He felt her breath at the side of his ear, "Relax, darling." Allowing himself to sink into the embrace for a moment before he proceeded onto his task, silently thanking his aunt.

Iris sensed the curt nod she sent her way and hastily filled the Queen's chalice with one of Dionysius' finest wines and handed over to her. Her mistress was currently eyeing each of the thrones being occupied by the gods and goddesses but she could see her unnoticeable glimpses towards the main doors. Her mind was somewhere else as she barely acknowledged the curtsies and bows of the younger generation.

What caught her attention was her brothers striding through the majestic doors. Rather, she straightened her back and composed herself as she did not expect the other returning to Olympus so sudden. Both of them bowed and addressed Hera as Queen and abruptly mumbled "Sister" afterward. Her eyes widened and soon narrowed towards the Lord of the Dead.

"Am I welcome for this daily meeting, your Majesty?" It was the procedure to ask permission but merely asking made Queen Hera furrowed her eyebrows in question. This was her oldest brother, one that she has grown fond of when they were but youngsters in those days and yet, her current relationship towards him was not more than civilized beings.

"Of course, Lord Hades." He was wearing a dark cloak of his own but underneath those consisted of the modern attire of mortals. A black long-sleeved polo tucked-in dark grey jeans. For a moment, she raised her eyebrow in the question of his recent get-up in which he brushed away, leaving no room for voiced out queries.

Hermes signaled two horns which meant that the meeting would begin in 5.

The Queen took sips from her chalice, noting the slight burn and lining down her throat. Her body barely relaxed at the alcohol.

One long sound of the horn.

Queen Hera held her hand where her Lotus scepter appeared. She stumped it on the floor signaling the official start of the meeting. "Let us begin.

19th day of November, the year 2023.

It is a Sunday. The time is 0831.

The current season is Autumn.

First thing's first, since the season is Autumn and we are at the second to the last week of the season. I have noticed and taken light of the concerns regarding the current temperature we are experiencing. Though Winter is approaching, I do not want to hear any complaints from other deities about the coldness of the weather. I will be speaking to the Horae myself, rest assured. What I am aiming for are the other deities contributing to the weather which would include mainly the cloud nymphs, Lord Aelous' fellow deities, and Lord Poseidon." The Lord of the Seas turned towards his younger sister.

"I have a reason to point you out before you speak." She interrupted him. "The seas contribute to the wind's force as well despite having other deities taking hold of that specific domain. I would like for you to take note of every coordinate of your domain. I advise making a report regarding it. It won't be due today. 3 days, maximum."

He nodded. "Yes, Queen Hera."

Hera turned towards Hermes. "I will give you the responsibility of taking care of Lord Aelous, Lord Hermes. You are the fastest god in this vicinity of ours. I expect you to travel towards his territory as soon as possible. The report will be due by the end of the week."

The winged-god gratified the Queen for trusting him with this.

Athena, the goddess of wisdom, did hesitate with her voicing out a matter regarding the mortals. "My Lady, excuse me for interrupting, I would like to ask regarding the issue of the war in the Middle-Eastern countries."

Queen Hera was not angered by her actions and simply addressed the child. "Ares has been sent there at this moment to settle the matters regarding that issue. The report will be given later on. I will be sure to have Iris send it to you afterward."

"Thank you, my Lady. Also, I'll have to include Lady Enyo into this. I have a report that I would like to add to whatever Lord Ares will have in his." Queen Hera nodded and Athena sat back on her throne, relieved that she was able to settle the matter that has been irking her.

"Lord Hades, I have reason to address whatever matter you wish to speak with us." She said after a moment of silence.

"I have reason to believe that there are forces stirring inside Tartarus. Even though we have nothing to worry about at the moment, it is best to gain awareness of the situation. Another matter would include mortal souls escaping the Underworld." Hades stopped there and waited for the gods to blow.

Every one of them exploded with questions. Mortal souls rarely escape his domain unless they are being guided. They were all busy bombarding with lots of questions that Hades was unable to speak up to answer them. The others, however, were simply blaming one another as if it would help in finding out who did it in the first place.

The Queen of Heaven released a long sigh before she stood up on her feet and stumped her scepter onto the marble floor. "Silence!" Her voice vibrated across the entire room and a surge of her power flowed into each of the gods and goddesses in order for each of them to stop. "None of these matters will be solved when the lot of you are not attentive!"

"It was Aphrodite! She can't keep her mouth shut."

"Me? Was it my fault that you were busy staring at me from the corner of your eyes?

"I beg your pardon, I was not! How is that even related to the subject?"

"Does it matter? Dionysius, love, will you prevent yourself from wrapping your vines around my throne! It is unappealing."

"Mind your own business, Aphrodite."

The Queen glared at each and every one of them, causing them to squirm on their thrones. Thankfully, this caused them to stop. "Now, Lord Hades, please continue."

"Yes, it is only wise to ask for help which is why I am approaching all of you to find the culprit and the missing souls. I will be giving out a list. At the moment, I've sent Lord Thanatos and Lady Macaria on the trip."

Hera nodded. "We'll provide you with the help that you need.

Now, does anyone have any more questions?" She looked around and counted for at least 10 seconds. They greeted her with silence in which she sighed.

"If that is all, reports for this week must be submitted at 1200 sharp. If there are any concerns, immediately approach Lady Iris. Meeting adjourned."

***

Less tense? Vote (press that star over there in every chapter hihi), comment, and share!

~AC