nine | Winter Solstice

Winter solstice

"Lord Boreas and Lady Khione have officially reported, Queen Hera."

The Winter Solstice meeting commenced a few hours before. The Queen's preparation for the meeting was far different compared to the party. Differentiating the two would be considered as appropriate as she was an important figure of the realm. As the Queen, she was a bit more refined in terms of presentation. The evident glare she exuded was rather terrifying in the eyes of the present deities.

Inadvertently, the Queen pursed her lips. "I expect a full-on written report on my desk overmorrow." She imparted. Her hazel orbs fell to the man high-toned dressed in black and grey as his choice of clothing for the Winter Solstice. His passive stance and countenance alerted the Queen of the grave importance with the knowledge he possesses.

Lord Zeus, momentarily, rose to speak when he was abruptly interrupted by his wife with the raise of her hand. He ceased and regarded her with respect when she spoke. The throne was greeted with warmth as he sat back down. His bright interchanging blue eyes averted towards his wife with a knowing glance.

"Lord Hades, I suspect you have impending news for us." Her tone was audacious, firm, and commanding that sent shivers down their spine. There was an adjustment with her posture, though she braced for her anticipation, her profile was guarded safely.

"Your Majesty, Queen Hera, I would like to request a private audience with only our siblings to relay this information." The Lord of the Underworld met her tantalizing gaze at the same level as his intrepid expression.

Hastily, her eyebrows furrowed at his request, a slight alteration to her oblivious façade. With a blink of an eye, she spared a glance at her husband, who was eagerly waiting for her response.

"Granted. Everyone else is dismissed. The celebration will be held in an hour." After a while, in acquiescence, the rest of the meeting attendees rose on their heels and without a word, vanished or left the room in a disorderly manner. This caused the Queen to have a deprecating look plastered on her features.

It was only after the command did the siblings amassed near the King and Queen, their thrones appearing temporarily compressed to the side.

The Elder Olympians were the only deities present in the room.

"What do you have for us, Brother Hades?" The title was supposed to sound in a familial manner, not foreign. There were moments when the border between family and authority would have its veil lowered, particularly in the presence of all six children of Cronus and Rhea.

"It has come to my knowledge that the Void momentarily connected with my domain." Hades relayed the information with hesitation. His siblings weren't exactly known for their subtlety in receiving aggravating news.

"Are there any deleterious beings that could potentially harm us released by the Void?" Poseidon implored.

"None that I know of." The Lord of the Underworld shook his head as he spoke.

"It would not be frowned upon. The creator is not particularly known for producing beings out of nowhere. There might be a potential reason for connecting with your domain." Hestia said.

"For now, none of us have a concrete idea of what that would be. What it would mean for all of us." It was Demeter's turn to speak up. "Would it be safe if we took precautions by exploring the Void?"

"Exploring the Void would be staking our safety, our immortality. There's a reason why fading gods return to the Void after all." Zeus heavily told them of his insights on the matter.