Epilogue

Wedding bells were ringing.

Not Alfred and Tolys's wedding—they weren't quite ready for that—but the wedding bells for Roderich and Erzsébet's wedding.

The flowers were beautiful—ordered from Mei's flower shop—Tolys had helped her get the money to start it. Alfred and Tolys had helped all the Snuggly Patrons get on the track to achieving their dreams.

The ceremony was over now, and all the guests were mingling and chatting—and, in some cases, dancing.

Matthew and Iryna were dancing in the corner. Currently, Matthew was captain of Polania's only ice hockey team, and Iryna had recently opened a shop selling knitted clothing items.

Natalya was nearby—she'd joined the Royal Guard at Gilbert's invitation.

Michelle, back fresh from her first semester of school (it was amazing how quickly she'd been accepted when the Crown Prince put in a word), was chatting with the guests. Feliciano and Lovino, now employed as cooks at the castle, were attempting to woo a pair of women.

The King and Queen themselves were chatting to a large group of guests; after everything had blown over, King Feliks's father had managed to avoid jail, but was now even completely cut off from his son, most likely for life.

"Hey, Erzsébet!" Alfred said.

"Hello, Alfred," Erzsébet said. She was positively glowing. Roderich was at her side, looking happier than Tolys had ever seen him.

"Congrats! Oh, and the cake was great! Hope you like your present, it was Tolys's idea! He's a genius!"

"Alfred," Tolys said.

"What? It's true, babe!"

"Thank you, Alfred," Erzsébet said. "And you, Your Highness."

"We do hope you enjoy yourselves," Roderich said.

"Thanks!"

"Come on, Tolys! Let's dance!" Alfred said. "If you want to, that is..."

Tolys smiled.

"I'd love to," he said.

They swayed together, their lips meeting in a kiss.