Why my roommate is a mythical entity, by Fiddleford H. McGucket (Part One)

A collage story from the perspective of one Fidds McGucket. What it says on the tin. Or 'Ford gets his 13th PhD and a boyfriend' oh boy.

             Fiddleford liked to think of himself as fairly normal. Not normal normal, but could hide in a crowd. When he found out he was getting a roommate, he didn't think much of it. This was Backupsmore, after all. So when he walked into his dorm to the sight of what appeared to be a real human skeleton, he tried to keep an open mind. His roommate chose that moment to make himself known, emerging from a pile of books like a demon from the depths of the underworld. He had fluffy brown hair, glasses and was wearing what appeared to be a turtleneck and trench coat. His eyes were unsettling, a shade of brown that looked almost red, pupils almost slitted when the light hit them at an angle. Fiddleford then came to the realization that he was staring. 

        "Hello there. It'd appear that I'm your roommate." He managed, cringing internally.

       "Hello. I'm Ford." 

      "Fiddleford."

      "Pleasure to make your aquantince."

      They shook hands. Fiddleford noticed something strange about Ford's hands. He did a double take. Recounted. 1-2-3-4-5-6. He was staring, Ford seemed aware of it, giving off a distinct air of not wanting to bring something up. Fiddleford shook himself mentally. It wouldn't do to make Ford uncomfortable in the first 5 minutes of meeting him.

      Back to the original point of concern. 

"Is that a real skeleton, Ford?"

"Depends, will you swear to secrecy on pain of death?"

Oh dear. He had heard whispers about Ford Trembley, (can't use your real name if the original owner is still alive) tried to ignore them. He didn't want a serial killer, demon or otherwise sleeping in the same room as him. 

      He had no idea of the sheer force of nature he'd be dealing with for the next year at least.

Welp, another chapter! Don't kill me.