Seven Years Later...

A/N:  This is a fan fiction based on the anime series, Blood Plus.  You may not get the full effect of this story if you haven't watched the anime, but I will try to give enough information in the introduction.  The whole anime series can be found on YouTube.  It is a wonderful series.  I do not own any rights to any of the previously established characters.  This is a fan fiction.  I do not wish to make any profit.  This is for pure enjoyment.  Please comment, fan, and like.  I'd love to see this get popular.  Thank you for reading!  :)

I remember it like it was yesterday.  I carried Saya up the stairs on my back seven years ago.  Saya.  Her name resonates in my mind every day.  We were home in Okinawa, and we were having a party to celebrate the reopening of our father's restaurant, Omoro.  Saya had walked outside during the celebration.  After a few minutes, I followed her outside.  I came outside just in time to see her collapse.  I caught her as she was falling.  She told me it was time for her long sleep.  She didn't want to say goodbye to the others. 

We took my motorcycle to the family crypt.  She was too weak to walk, so I carried her on my back.  She fell asleep halfway up the stairs.  We had just fought a long battle.  Many people wouldn't know what I mean if I were to say the word chiropteran.  Chiropterans!  The word still sends shivers down my spine.  What are chiropterans?  They are a member of the Chiroptera Order, along with all species of bats.  You won't be able to find any solid research on these creatures.  The creatures I speak of are ancient creatures.  Monsters!  They live off of human blood.  Legends call them vampires.  I fell in love with one seven years ago.  Saya.

 Saya came to us ten years ago.  She, along with Riku and I, were adopted by George Miyagusuku.  Father adopted me when I was Riku's age.  Riku.  My little brother.  He was only fourteen when he died.  Father died a year before.  So much death.  So much heartache.  So much loss.  So much love.  I loved Riku and Saya.  First, I wasn't sure about Saya.  She had come to live with us a year before father died.  She had no memory of who she was.  

She constantly had to have blood transfusions.  Though she ate more than a sumo wrestler, she was anemic and needed the transfusions.  I now know why she needed it.  I look back on that time and remember how ignorant I was of the whole situation.  Saya needed the blood to live.  Not because she was anemic.  She needed it because she was a queen chiropteran.  Her sister, Diva, was the other queen.  Just the name makes my blood boil.  All the fighting and war was caused by her.  She killed my brother.  Not once, but twice.  The first time Diva killed Riku, Saya turned him into a Chevalier.  The second time Diva killed Riku was when she raped and fed him her blood, which was poison to him.  

The two queen chiroptera's blood is poisonous to each other.  Any chiropteran created by one queen is easily killed by the blood of the other queen.  That is also how Saya killed Diva.  The final fight ended when each queen stabbed the other with her own bloody sword.  Fortunately for Saya, Diva did not realize that her blood was no longer poisonous to Saya.  Why?  Diva became pregnant with Riku's children, and that neutralized Diva's blood.  

Now, seven years later, I am running Omoro and caring for the two new queens that resulted from Riku's rape.  I've named them Lexi and Nicolette.  At first, the Red Shield did not want both of them to live, but I convinced them to let us try.  Julia, who not only cared for Saya when she first became part of the family but now has a son of her own, continues to care for my girls.  Julia and David, the man that protected Saya, are now happily married and expecting their second child, a daughter.  

It is hard to keep keep the girls together sometimes.  We sometimes fear they will both get cut and blood will be exchanged somehow.  Thankfully, the girls are not very rough with one another.  They require constant supervision. I wish Saya were awake.  I hope I can be by her side when she does awaken.  I constantly wish that.  As Chiropteran Queen, she hibernates for many years before she wakes up for a few years.  Last time, she slept for thirty years.  I sometimes wish her sleep would be shorter.

The girls are playing with the dolls Lulu got them.  Lulu is a special chiropteran.  She was created by humans by using DNA manipulation and Diva's blood.  There were originally ten of her kind, the Schiff, that escaped Cinq Flèches' laboratory.  Lulu is the only survivor.  Shortly after Saya fell asleep, Julia discovered a protein in Lexi's blood.  She tested it with some of Lulu's blood and saw wonderful results.  Lulu agreed to let her inject the protein into her body.  Amazingly, it rearranged the DNA sequence that kept Lulu from being the typical chiropteran.  Lulu now has the same mortality as a Chevalier and can now be in the sunlight.  We have yet to find what the Schiff called The Thorn on Lulu.  It has been a miraculous discovery.  If only we had discovered it before Irene and the others died.

"Ouch!  Papa Kai!  I've cut myself pretty deeply!  It hurts!  Please, come help me!"  Nicolette suddenly cried.  I ran over to her.  My heart broke as I saw her face.  She held up her already healing leg, and without thinking I bent down and kissed it, ingesting some of her blood.