Ch.1

Authors note: Sorry for the short chapters. they will get longer! Mark my words! Thank yalls for reading. 😘🙂
(Jayce POV)
It's 5:00 and I am standing in my room trying to figure out what to wear. I end up settling on a navy blue T-shirt with ink black ripped jeans and my usual white shoes. I comb my floppy hair back and check my phone.
Blu~ What time did you guys tell everyone the party started and how many people did you invite?
Andi~ 6pm and chill. We didn't invite too many people.
Dammit Andi! She isn't going to be happy with us, I laughed to myself thinking about her face when she sees everyone showing up. She might break up with me. Who knows. I get to her house 45 minutes early and nobody is there yet.
"I'm here!" I yelled as loudly as possible
"I'm not ready yet hold on!" She yelled at me annoyed. I swear I almost pass out when I see her come down the stairs in a dress. Blu is the type of person that wears t-shirts and jeans to school and never anything else. Not for prom, not for picture day, not for anything. So you can imagine my suprise when I see her in a medium length silky blue dress.
"W-what?" I managed to stupidly stammer out.
"What? It's just a dress for a party." She laughs, acting completely oblivious to why I was so shocked. I helped her finish setting up for the party and people started showing up at 5:50. When I looked over to Blu I could tell she was mad but all she did was lean over to me and whisper
"If anything happens. You're dead." I laughed as she walked away. She always made threats like that and they're honestly kinda cute. By about 6:30 everyone is there and Andi is already drunk, per usual. Thats when I see Sasha, some popular girl that Blu despises but got more people to come, stand up and shout "Who wants to play a game?" Everyone began yelling, obviously because its her.
"Let's play..." she ponders for a moment, "Lets play The Hooded Man" everyone got silent. The hooded man is basically a game where you "summon" death himself and you try to hide in the woods from "the hooded man" the hooded man being death, hence the name. Everyone gets a weapon and hides. Supposedly if you get caught first and dont kill death or send him back to hell or whatever- you die. Not right then. But there have been things that have been reported to happen to people after losing that game. The way you kill him is to hit him with the weapon and chant some phrase I can't remember. If you dont get caught within the hour, then you're safe. The silence was broken by a drunken Andi yelling "Let's do it!" From the kitchen, everyone started cheering while I went to look for my girlfriend. I found Blu at one of the tables and asked her what she thought.
"I don't know. I'm not really into all that stuff. It probably doesn't even work" she mumbled.
"I touched her arm and I suddenly got a really bad feeling. But of course, my pride got in the way. I'm a f*cking fortune teller for gods sake! I should've listened to my instincts. Anyway,
"Come on. Whats the worst that could happen?" I nudged her.
"It could be real, someone could die. What if it's me or Andi or you-" I cut her off
"Relax, we can hide together, come on just one game? For me?" I gave her puppy dog eyes and she sighed.
"I guess one game won't hurt."
"Thats my girl" I said as I gave her a quick kiss and we went to join the group crowded around Sasha as she was explaining the rules. I tuned it all out until she told everyone the chant.
Her eyes got very serious "If you want to survive, you need to hit it and chant these words 'We brought you here, I'll take you out. Listen to the words I shout. Go back to hell, dont take me yet. It's a shame we ever met' and if you do that. You'll be fine. You just need to repeat that 3 times and you're good, thats if it even works." She laughed. I felt Blu shaking beside me. We all grabbed our weapons and made our way to the woods...